Smart Parking Ravensdale car park Clacton On Sea

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

NO you do not need to contact them at all, let them waste their money.

NEVER contact DR+ as they are just rentamouths.

If you get a genuine letter before action (from Smart you come back here for advice, other than that IGNORE

Thanks dx. I suppose DR will continue to send us threatening demanding letters, so do we at some point have make contact with Smart/Drp? or are they likely to just give up?

• 3 weeks later...

Update, received a 2nd letter from DRP informing if not paid by 11th August, they will reccomend thier client to take court action against us.

They also say regarding liability ''if we don't hear from you we'll take this to mean that you agree you're liable for it'' :lol:

I will continue to ignore DR and assume Smart will now send us a letter before action, so I will post up when received.

They have not replaced the meter at the car park and have romoved the signs that say to enter reg number. All the other signs still there as is the camera, if it is working?

• 2 weeks later...

as post 26

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Hi All, Time for an update.

We are now receiving demands from Zenith Collections, who I am shure are still DRP/Smart Parking.

The latest from Zenith states: Final warning of legal action-unpaid parking charge £160. They then go on to say all the usual stuff about still offering chance to pay etc etc!

I assume continue to ignore until we receive notice before court action directly from Smart Parking themselves or will they use solicitors?

I cant believe it is almost 5 months since the original notice from them! How time flys! but they are certainly persistant...I wonder how long before they actually either give up or send a notice before action??

Thanks for all the help and support from all at CAG! It is most appreciated!

Cheers

xword

correct

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they may well use solicitors and if it is the usual suspects you will get a letter that is dressed up to look like action is imminent but just another threatogram.

There are new rules for LBA's (or letters before claim as they are also called) so the rubbish sent out by Gladdys will actually lose their client the claim just for the sheer paucity of their lba content under the new rules, let alone the Particulars of Claim (again fail big time to meet necessary standard)

However, next time you are there take pictures of what is and isnt there, especially a hole in the tarmac where the pay machine was.

always better to have the ammunition even if you dont need to fire a shot

Thanks Dx & Eb.

I do go back every now and again and take photos if anything has changed. The last time it was as before no machine & no sign re entering your reg number...I think I have enough photos of the machine, & the hole where it once stood that has been concreted over. I will have another look soon.

Cheers

Xword

• 3 weeks later...

Update!

Received a letter today from Gladstones stating that '' We have been instructed by Smart Parking Ltd in relation to the above debt''

They then more or less continue with the same begging requests as before like from Drp & Zenith & quoting the Beavis case etc etc, and stating their client now has the option to commence proceedings in the appropriate Civil Court.

Finally they say if we do not pay within the next 14 days, to please keep Smart & Drp updated as to our current address to ensure our ability to defend any such action is protected etc etc etc.

Is this a LBA? or should I continue to ignore?

I will have another look at the car park this afternoon to see if anything has changed since my last visit.

Thanks!

Xword

Just noticed on another thread a similar letter to what we received today & realised this is not a LBA/LBC letter so assume safe to ignore for now!

Xword