Return/Refund questions

tony3x
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a sink from an online retailer who told me that it would be delivered direct from the manufacturer, not a problem.

The sink was received on the 17th May was opened and checked on the 18th. On close inspection there were scratches on it that would have noticed so emailed the retailer on the 18th May to reject it as damaged.

19th may they asked whether I wanted a refund or replacement - in the middle of a kitchen fit so had to but a replacement locally - said I wanted a refund.

20th May - images of damage requested. These were sent and acknowledged on the 22nd May.

23rd May told by retailer that the manufacturer were going to collect and would contact me in next few days.

29th May - I contacted the retailer to inform that no one had contacted me.

31st May - retailer confirms that the manufacturer are chasing the courier re collection

2nd June - I contacted retailer with the following - This is getting ridiculous now. It is over a week since you told me that Rangemaster were going to arrange collection. This is something that should take a couple of days at most. As the retailer my contract is with you so, not Rangemaster (the fact it was delivered direct is irrelevant) so can you arrange collection forthwith. I will give you a further 3 working days (until 7th June) to do this or I will look to take this further.

5th June - email from retailer to say that they only seem to have this problem with the particular manufacturer and have chased it again.

5th June - email from retailer to confirm that they have spoken to the manufacturer and collection is confirmed for the 19th June.

5th June - I emailed - Thanks for the update however I must say that I cannot believe that they could not get it collected prior to the 19th June. That is nearly a month since I reported the damage to you. I could get this packaged and dispatched the next day so can't see why they are taking so long. This is large item taking up space which we are constantly having to move to get to other things. I will also need to know the time of the collection as I cannot wait in all day due to work commitments.

6th June - reply form retailer - Good morning, I know it’s ridiculous! We have spoken to rep about this to see if they can make this any better.

8th June - voice mail from manufacturer asking to contact them.

9th June - called manufacturer who confirmed that collection would be on the 19th June to which I asked why so long and pointed out I could get it collected today - they did not have an answer and told me to contact the retailer. I told them it is a major inconvenience as I am having a lot of work done at the moment and the box is constantly having to be moved as it in the way.

I know my contract is with the retailer but I think it is a joke that it will be over a month since rejection to collection and I would guess another week or 2 for the refund to be processed - probably have to argue about the P&P fees as well!!

What are my options or my next course of action.