My son got a CCJ which has now gone to a Warrant of Control,

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am not sure this is the right place so please excuse if I have posted wrongly.

Does anyone have a link for a Statutory Declaration please to cover the goods in my house?

My son got a CCJ which has now gone to a Warrant of Control,

I am expecting the Bailiffs any day,

I know if they take something and I can prove it is mine afterwards I can have it back,

I stupidly don't keep receipts after 6 months if something is working okay and I have little to show in way of paperwork if they turn up.

I was told if I show a Statutory Declaration they cannot take anything but I don't have the £105 I am being quoted.

My son has now moved to Spain and I should imagine they won't care and try to take what they can for the debt?

when did he move to spain

and when was the CCJ granted

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What is the debt and consequential CCJ for ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I am not sure this is the right place so please excuse if I have posted wrongly.

Does anyone have a link for a Statutory Declaration please to cover the goods in my house?

My son got a CCJ which has now gone to a Warrant of Control, I am expecting the Bailiffs any day,

I know if they take something and I can prove it is mine afterwards I can have it back. I stupidly don't keep receipts after 6 months if something is working okay and I have little to show in way of paperwork if they turn up.

I was told if I show a Statutory Declaration they cannot take anything but I don't have the £105 I am being quoted.

My son has now moved to Spain and I should imagine they won't care and try to take what they can for the debt?

In order to provide an accurate answer, I will need to ask a few questions. I hope that you don't mind.

I am assuming that your Son knows about this CCJ. Has he made any attempts to pay or is he ignoring the matter as he is now in Spain?

How do you know that a visit is due to take place?

Did you know whether a County Court bailiff is looking at making a visit or whether the CCJ has been passed to a High Court Enforcement company to enforce?

How much roughly is the CCJ?

You say that you have been quoted £105 for a Statutory Declaration. Would you mind letting us know who is wanting to charge such a fee?

Depending on your response, my advice is that you should not have to consider getting a Statutory Declaration UNLESS you were looking at letting a bailiff into your home (which frankly, is not to be recommended). This is not a court fine and accordingly, the bailiff would only be able to gain entry by being invited into your home.

Please post back with answers to the above.

He got the debt a month ago and moved to Spain last week at the same time the notice for the Warrant of Control came through

But we still do not know what type of debt to enable us to advise the the best course of action :???:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thank you for all your answers.

My son was made unemployed a while back.

He went to a pay day loan thinking it wouldn't be as much as it was to pay back.

He fell behind on his rent and prioritised rent and repayments to other things,

couldn't keep up with the increasing payments and then they issued a CCJ while he was trying to negotiate repayment. I know what he did as I did the letters to the company for him.

It has gone to the County Court Bailiff and the only thing I know is that on May 24th he got a letter to say they were going to apply for a Warrant of Control.

My mum lives with me and I have had a dreadful job trying to make her realise not to let anyone in, hence me asking about a Statutory Declaration.

I was advised to do that by the debt people; Step Change I think it was.

It was a solicitor who told me she would do the Declaration for £105.:!:

I know the powers of debt collectors but I am a little bit grey on the powers of County Court Bailiffs, any advice or pointers would be much appreciated.

as long as it court bailiffs they are your friends

unlike the HCEO's you see on tv

they are NOT commission based .

if you were to tell him and prove your son now lives in spain

that IMHO would be the end if his involvement.

cant see the need for a SD..

let others comment.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

oh PS

I doubt it was the lender that took you to court

but it was a debt buyer?

and they

I looked into them and it seems to be a branch of the original lender.

The pay day loan company have a debt collection company under their umbrella.

It is TM Legal that are chasing him if anyone has heard of them?

We did try to get it under control and pay off but they were not interested in anything other than the CCJ and even then he tried to get it sorted.

A County Court Bailiff was sending letters through the post saying he had delivered them by hand.

" He fell behind on his rent and prioritised rent and repayments to other things,

couldn't keep up with the increasing payments and then they issued a CCJ while he was trying to negotiate repayment. I know what he did as I did the letters to the company for him. "

So he wasn't residing with you at this...your address when the debt and CCJ was incurred ?

Andy

No, he was staying with a different girl most days and just left some stuff here which has now gone and coming round most days which is why I didn't take too much notice of his post coming here.

TM legal are a bunch of fleecers and had nothing to do with the CCJ at all

was it 1st stop or clear recoveries , or asset collections that got the CCJ

again they are NOTHING to do with the original lender

they sold the debt on for a pittance.

and they

A stat dec (SD) costs about £5 to be witnessed at any High Street solicitor - I'm guessing you've been quoted for actually writing and witnessing the SD. There's no need to have someone write it for you as they are very simple - there are plenty of templates available.

If they come knocking again, give them the address in Spain where your son is - nothing they can do about it and they'll move on.

theres nowt the court bailiff will do other than say thank you and leave you totally alone

once you provide proof hes moved to spain.

dx

and they

that'll do nicely sir!!

dx

and they

You know they are likely to visit so be prepared - do not let them in to your home and move any vehicles away from your property preferably onto someone else's private property or well away from your home.

Do not open the door to them and make sure all access points to your home are locked. If they get in they are hard to get rid of.

Talk to them through an open window, tell them your son doesn't live there and give them his Spanish address, refuse to discuss the debt with them, say you are not the debtor so they shouldn't be discussing it with you.

They have no right of forced entry so ignore their silly threats.

Update: just noticed it is a court appointed bailiff rather than an EA, they should just accept evidence of your son being non resident and leave you alone, I'd stick to the above anyway though.

Edited by Andyorch
edited

As post 12 these are court bailiffs.....

and they