Return faulty item refused

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If a staff member bought a item from a store they work at and that it turned out to be faulty, can they still return it without a receipt?

Or can the managers refuse because staff simply arnt allowed a refund or exchange without a reciept as we have access to stockroom?

AFAIK noddy has a legal right to return goods if they can't show evidence that they actually purchased them. If they require a receipt to be shown to prove purchase by staff then the reason you have suggested seems like a good reason for the requirement.

Thought whole point was you didn't need proof of purchase with faulty items, i didn't know that store policy would be more important than consumer rights. i gave them my staff number and my colleague works in cash office says it will come up on it but she cant print a recepit for me without the manager authorising it and he won't.

Arguing points of law about if you are entitled to a refund may be legally sound, but why risk ruining your relationship with your employer?

Presumably you bought it because you wanted it, so why not accept a replacement and preserve a good relationship with your employer?

Sorted it, he authorised to print the receipt after i refused to do overtime. I told him if he doesn't do me a favour i won't do him one. Now there is a happy employee/customer and happy manager.