Owed A Refund From Virgin Media

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My contract with Virgin Media was terminated on the 4th May due to the fact that they broke contract by way of serious issues with my broadband which they admitted they had trouble fixing and gave me permission to leave without charge or penalty.

I've received my final bill to say I am owed a refund of around £15.

I was told initially it was to be refunded within 14 days of cancelled contract.

Its now over 14 days and I've not receive the monies due.

Any advice please.

Have you contacted them to ask where the refund is and why you haven't received it?

Did they advise how you would receive it?

Have you checked your bank statements to make sure they haven't just refunded it directly in there without a letter?

Thank you for the replies.

They told me it would be sent to me by way of a check suddenly now within 35 days of account closing.

It makes me laugh they are quick to take the monthly payment from your account but take the pee in returning monies owed.

Yes, if I don't get the refund by the I will issue a court.

Can I add extra monies ontop of a court claim ie court fees so I am not out of pocket!?

You can add the issue fee, but you would be expected to follow the "pre-action protocol", (including sending a 'letter before claim' to Virgin setting out what you want, why, and giving them at least 14 days to comply) before leaping to issue a claim.

Thank you.

Do you have an address for me to send the lba to please?