• Tweets

• Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
    • As already mentioned freely available "credit scores" are fairly useless. All lenders have their own "credit scoring" system, that for obvious reasons they don't divulge. And they're "scored" differently to the freely available ones. As soon as they could, we've always encouraged our two children to use credit cards responsibly... Pay off in full, etc, to generate good history. It's paid off. At quite young ages, they have both obtained loans for cars, mortgage and their credit card limits are through the roof. Personally, I have shifted debt around a lot on credit cards (even financed a house purchase once at 0% 😉) and I've only ever been refused a credit card once, sorry twice by the same company, over many years. They must have something very different in their lending criteria. You're a tight one, Mr Branson.
    • Hi DX - quick question, what is the bank likely to do when they get my letter of change of address ? also what is the worst they can do? thanks J1L
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Who can explain this broadband pattern?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am with talktalk and most days during the evening the ping is perfect for 6 hours. But thenm becomes extrememly erratic as attachment shows. (2 hour period)

Can anyone explain what is happening here?

Capture.jpg

Depends on demand in your area at the time of day. Also do TalkTalk apply reduced capacity on their network during certain parts of the day.

Does the drop in performance happen during times when local businesses might be using the same internet connection point. At the end of my road is a BT box for broadband services covering x number of houses. If all the houses were using the internet and/or a business was connected to the same local hub, then i should imagine that performance would be affected.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Very likely being throttled. Talk talk are well known for it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It can do depending on where the connection is routed or restricted. Priority is given to other traffic, and your connection will bear the brunt of being routed elsewhere.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thanks for the replies! The ping is usually great from 6pm to midnight, then goes haywire sometime between midnight and 1am. Similar thing happens in the morning.

Download time doesnt seem to change that much, just ping goes crazy which I dont really understand, is it just upload thats effected?

I did a pathping at this time, from my understanding the ping is shooting up when it reaches the isp.

Computing statistics for 325 seconds...

Source to Here This Node/Link

Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address

0 DESKTOP-J2P9OKN.lan [192.168.1.106]

0/ 100 = 0% |

1 0ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 192.168.1.1

0/ 100 = 0% |

2 216ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 80-42-144-1.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com [80.42.144.1]

0/ 100 = 0% |

3 225ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% host-78-151-230-145.as13285.net [78.151.230.145]

0/ 100 = 0% |

4 275ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% host-78-151-230-56.as13285.net [78.151.230.56]

0/ 100 = 0% |

5 278ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% host-78-144-0-71.as13285.net [78.144.0.71]

0/ 100 = 0% |

6 268ms 1/ 100 = 1% 1/ 100 = 1% 74.125.48.13

0/ 100 = 0% |

7 341ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 108.170.246.144

0/ 100 = 0% |

8 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% 216.239.58.129

0/ 100 = 0% |

9 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% 108.170.234.118

0/ 100 = 0% |

10 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% 209.85.241.48

0/ 100 = 0% |

11 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% 108.170.241.225

0/ 100 = 0% |

12 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% 72.14.239.45

0/ 100 = 0% |

13 257ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ams16s31-in-f14.1e100.net [172.217.19.206]

If this is throttling or being rerouted, why would they do this late at night and can I get them to stop it?

GOing by the early tracert, youre definitley being throttled. If not, then you have an issue on your line/exchange.

To eliminate your system, try a different router first.

Thanks, replaced the router already and the cables. Had 5 calls to tech support over many hours. They are useless and just read steps off a screen. They initially sent engineer to the exchange who found and fixed a problem apparently, but nothing changed my end. Everytime I call they just say they can see a large number of faults, they send it to their 'top level' faults team who send me a text a few days later saying they 'fixed soemthing' and asking if the problem persists. This has happened 4 times.

If its an issue with line exchange, they've had 5 attempts to fix it and just wait for my feedback on it each time without telling me anything about what they actually did. Doesnt seem likely they will ever find the cause.

This problem started happening a few months ago and is driving me crazy! Their final step is to send an independent investigator to come to the house/exchange and identify the problem. If this is throttling, would this not be a waste of time as he will just say nothing is wrong with it and I will have a large bill to pay?

I still think its throttling. You need to escalate it to tier 3 support, but with some ISP's youll struggle as the customer service reps are told to do whatever they can not to escalate it.

It feels that way as it happens around same time every night. Dont understand why they do this at night and rusn so well during peak times. They deny throttling completely. Is it more accurate to say they are redirecting me to less efficient connections at certain times?

Anyone ever had success at getting an ISP to untrottle?

Dont care what that site says. Talk talk DO use it, and are known for it. They throttle when they decide your usage is outside of their "fair usage"policy.

Throttling happens at peak times because the lines are loaded and busy, so they prioritize certain traffic. Thats why sometimes youll see no issues at all between midnight -6 am, or 1am - 6 am. Nobody is online, so the traffic shaping stops.

My download speed is only 4.1m/s so i cant see how i can be using more then their fair usage policy states.

Peak time problems is not the issue im having. The connection is usually fantastic between 6pm and midnight, but then goes haywire from midnight to 6am. I.e. is fine at peak times and terrible off-peak.

Thats why you need to get it escalated to tier 3. Talk talks CS department is atrocious. Thats why you need to push to get them to escalate it.

My download speed is only 4.1m/s so i cant see how i can be using more then their fair usage policy states.

Peak time problems is not the issue im having. The connection is usually fantastic between 6pm and midnight, but then goes haywire from midnight to 6am. I.e. is fine at peak times and terrible off-peak.

So they are boosting the service during peak hours and then reducing it from midnight to 6am.

Why not record performance over a week and then contacf the company asking why they reduce service during certain hours.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I tried that and sent them 3 pathpings and graphs like the first one in post.

You cant speak to their top tier team personally. they just pass the message on and say they are dealing with it.

A few days later you get a message saying they've fixed it, text back 'not fixed' if you are still having problems, and call them back. Its a vicious circle.

Now you've all confirmed my suspicions about their reducing service I will be more forcful but its liek talking to a brick wall. Starting to look like no one i can actually talk to, understands that talktalk do this. It ends up being sent to their backoffice where nothing changes. Unfortunately im in a long contract and cant get out of it.

The other possibly if you are playing online games with servers in the US, is that between midnight and 6 am UK time, that this is peak US time, when kids get home from school, people finish daytime jobs etc. It will therefore cause you problems, because of the huge volume of users logged on.

Try playing a UK game on a UK server to see if you have the same problem.

I know you can check pings locally, but you mentioned gaming problems and i just wonder whether US servers are involved.

I see your point but I dont play games at this time because of the ping issues, I dont actually do anything, just keep the tracker running. Most pronounced during the night but same issue 12am to 6pm.

again, contact tier 3 support. Ignore the reps who say no. Get yoru line checked too, and if they fail to provide a stable service, read your agreement with them carefully. You might be able to get out for free if theyve breached their side of the contract.