Just failed two PIP appeals - is it worth the bother?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've gone through the first level appeal for PIP at Tribunal (twice - the first tribunal was disallowed for legal reasons). On receiving the latest tribunal's refusal, I got home and immediately reapplied for PIP. I'm honestly beginning to have doubts as to whether it's worth it - I feel my one piece of supportive evidence has been turned against me.

My long-term condition involves chronic heart failure and type-2 diabetes. I would maintain that my condition has not improved and in some areas has certainly got worse. The tribunal said that my condition was insufficient to qualify for either the daily-living or the mobility components of PIP.

In the course of the tribunal, I admitted telling my doctor (of nearly 30 years) that I was unable to walk for long, before stopping to catch my breath. The interpretation of this was that I had put words into my doctor's mouth. I can't see how I can have led my doctor in the course of an everyday examination. When you see your doctor, it's reasonable and expected that you would tell him what's wrong, and he would then do what he could to heal you.

My PIP medical was a year ago. Getting to this point has meant enduring a lot of stress and a large drop in income. My heart-rate has never slowed, meaning I have been even more exhausted than usual. I'm bowled over by the negative outcome.

I would suggest going through the descriptors for PIP and making as objective an assessment as you can of how many points you think you should get. If they amount to more than 8 for either component, then it has to be worth another try.

Whilst waiting for the forms to arrive, could you perhaps start accruing more evidence e.g. request a referral to a consultant if you haven't seen one for some time. Without knowing exactly what your difficulties are, would a report from a physio be of help or perhaps adult social services could assess what aids you might need - even if it's none, their report will say why their aids weren't able to help your restrictions.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.