ukcps/? PCN claimform - FLEECE YARD KIMGSGATE SHOPPING CENTRE Huddersfield

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've just received through a county court claim form from ukcps.

I currently pay and have done for a while £85 per month to park in a private Carpark for work.

It was owned by the shopping centre but was then taken over and we were issued permits that we had to display.

On the day I got the fine my permit had blown onto the foot well so I sent a letter to ukcps and stated this.

They have carried on with court proceedings even though I have my receipts for paying every month and now I have no idea how to appeal this online but refuse to pay the £175 they are now asking when they receive £85 a month off me already!

Hoping someone has a template I could use to appeal this asap as I've been on holiday so I'm down a few days into my 14 days to appeal already grrrr

Thankyou

welcome aboard

can you complete this please so we have all the details to hand to properly advise you

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?465231-Received-a-Court-Claim-From-A-Private-parking-Speculative-invoice-How-To-Deal-With-It-HERE***Updated-Aug-2016***

one point

IT IS NOT A FINE

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

that's ok

easy sorted

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Name of the Claimant ? UKCPS LTD

Date of issue – 17th May 2017

Date of defence filing 16th June

What is the claim for –

1.A claim for the outstanding parking charge has been issued against the registered keeper of vehicle registration XXXX parked on FLEECE YARD KIMGSGATE SHOPPING CENTRE.

2.The driver of the vehicle parked on 19/01/2017 at 09:57hrs.

A ticket was issued for parking WITHOUT A VALID PERMIT OR AUTHORITY.

3.This land is managed by the claimant UKCPS Ltd and vehicles parked on this land are subject to parking conditions which are set out on signage on this land forming a contract between the driver of the vehicle and UKCPS Ltd.

4.The registered keeper who may have been the driver or alternatively has chosen not to name the driver is responsible for payment as required under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.

5.By parking on this land the driver contractually agrees to pay a charge of £100.00.

This amount remains unpaid, an additional charge of £50.00 had been incurred in collection fees whereby this becomes a commercially justifiable figure.

What is the value of the claim? £175.00

Has the claim been issued by the Private parking Company or was the PCN assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim ? UKCPS Ltd

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? I did receive letters.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that's right but let me know if I've missed anything.

Thankyou

who are the solicitors please

and they

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.

register as an individual

note the long gateway number given

then log in

select respond to a claim and select the AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

don't sign anything

text of CPR to use:

to the solicitors

[Your address]

[Their address [solicitors]

[Date]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: (Claimant's name) v (Your name) Case No:

CPR 31.14 Request

On (date) I received the Claim Form in this case issued by you out of the (Name) county court.

I confirm having returned my acknowledgement of service to the court in which I indicate my intention to contest all of your claim.

Please treat this letter as my request made under CPR 31.14 for the disclosure and the production of a verified and legible copy of [each of the following / the] document(s) mentioned in your Particulars of Claim:

1. the contract between [parking company name] and the landowner that assigns the right to enter into contracts with the public and make claims in their own name,.

2.proof of planning permission granted for signage etc under the Town and Country Planning Act 2007

3.copies of the notice to driver, notice to keeper and any other correspondence from [insert Claimant Name] & [insert Solicitors Name} to the defendant that they intend to rely upon in court.

You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are disclosed at your earliest convenience..

Your CPR 31 duties extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for the originals of the documents I have requested, the better for you to be able to verify the document's authenticity and to provide me with a legible copy.

Further, where I have requested a copy of a document, the original of which is now in the possession of another person, you will have a right to possession of that document if you have mentioned it in your case. You must take immediate steps to recover and preserve it for the purpose of this case.

Where I have mentioned a document and there is in your possession more than one version of that same document owing to a modification, obliteration or other marking or feature, each version will be a separate document and you must provide a copy of each version of it to me. Your obligations extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for any version(s) to include an obligation to recover and preserve such version(s) which are now in the possession of a third party.

In accordance with CPR 31.15© I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.

If you are unable to comply with this request within 14 days and believe that you will never be able to comply with this request please confirm in your response.

You are reminded that as this case is yet to be allocated to a track, CPR31:14 does apply, a refusal to comply because you 'think' at this stage you dont have too will be used against you in any filed defence.

Yours faithfully

TYPE YOUR NAME DO NOT SIGN IT

ends

and they

the CPR is above read it and tells you what it is...

ive already posted the text of it to copy and send off.

there should be a solicitors listed on the claimform

if not send it to UKCPS.

get the AOS on MCOL done soonest.

then time to read like threads in this forum

the regulars will be here tomorrow.

you wont have to pay this

your permit over rides it.

just because you didn't display it is bunkum.

hoping you don't defend all and panic and pay

I doubt very much you'll see any court room insides at all.

it s a speculative claim on a speculative invoice.

and they

get AOS done on mcol

you can do it now

follow post 7

and they

Morning I have submitted the AOS now.

Do I send the letter through post to UKCPS or is there someone online I can put this CPR?

Thanks

Do I put the CPR in the defence section? Sorry if i sound a bit stupid!

No, the CPR request is different.

Ideally it should be sent to whoever is acting for them, is there anything on the claim form that looks like a the name of a legal firm? BW legal, Gladstones Solicitors anything like that?

If not, send it to UKCPS

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Just a simple defence for now, that way you have the most scope when submitting your full defence which will be due 14 days (or as ordered by the court) before the case is heard.

Something along the lines of...

"The defendant denies any contract existed between themselves and the claimant and put the claimant to "strict proof" of the same".

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

don't file a defence yet

not due for weeks

dx

and they

On the PP blog, someone has stated that the case was dismissed. I do hope that they're wrong.

Okay so the best thing for me to do is post the letter to UKCPS and sit back and wait? Will I get an email when I have to post my defence?

Thankyou everyone for your help it's much appreciated :)

Haha I also thought this, time will tell I guess but I'm not going down without a fight haha

get the CPR running

don't SIGN ANYTHING

and don't miss your defence date WHATEVER HAPPENS

dx

and they

NO!! not till 16th june

and they

Also when I submitted my acknowledgement I had to put my name but it said signed next to it...is that still ok! There was no other way round it.

Thanks

Okay I won't do anything, I just feel like I (well you) haven't done a lot!

court stuff ok

stuff to the fleecers no don't sign ever!

and they