Severe Disability Premium suddenly ceased

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

the main crux of my post is to ask if anyone knows why the DWP just simply ceased the Severe Disability Premium?

In February 2017 the DWP confirmed my entitlement of SDP together with ESA, Disability Income Guarantee and Limited Capability for work for work (support group).

Two weeks ago I received an identical letter from DWP stating;

"We have looked at your claim again following a recent change.

This is because of: a change in money coming in.

There has not been any change, to any of my entitlements, at all.

The last, previous contact I had from DWP, before Feb '17, was a notice, dated August 2016 to inform me that I failed to be awarded PIP.

I had previously been in receipt of DLA since June 1992.

Only the tightening of the criteria of PIP and my failure to take medical evidence to the ATOS assessment caused the failure of any PIP award.

I went through 'Mandatory Reconsideration' within the 1 month time limit but, because an SAR to the Hospital Trust, for my medical notes took longer than 40 days, which prevented me from appealing within 30 days, the CAB are supporting a Tribunal Appeal. I'm only waiting for a trial date.

It just seems odd that the SDP of £62.45 has been ceased which has drastically reduced my income?

Kind regards, Will

Entitlement to the SDP is based on your being in receipt of a qualifying disability benefit - either DLA at Middle or Higher Rate Care or PIP Daily Living Allowance. So when your DLA stopped and you weren't awarded PIP you lost your SDP as well. If the Tribunal reinstates your PIP award then your SDP entitlement will also restart and will be backdated as appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Many thanks Antone. It's been difficult trying to find a definitive answer.

As you've confirmed why,

I can't understand why the DWP didn't explain in their letter of a fortnight ago, when they should have notified me as soon as the DLA ceased last August.

My CAB advocate, who I've not been able to contact for a week, however, assures me that having been in receipt of DLA for 24 years (middle care component + low mobility rate) stands me in good stead to have the PIP decision overturned by the Tribunal panel.

As well as my medical records from 1987, when I was first referred for neurosurgery for epilepsy,

I also have a supporting letter from my GP and an SAR to the South Coast Ambulance Service who have provided 14 incidents of them attending my home and in public around my home area.

Thanks again Antone.

With kind regards,

Will