Anticipating Action from HSBC

delicarik123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

I had a credit card with HSBC some years ago. I got into difficulty etc and defaulted on it.

After becoming a member on this wonderful site, I asked them for the credit agreement, which they never produced (I knew they couldn't as they asked me over the phone if I wanted a card - there was no application!)

Anyway, I haven't done anything since, as I have been really unwell.

Well they stopped chasing me for the money (yay) however, it is still showing on my credit file, should this be removed? Can I ask them to? I am pretty sure that they have charged me lots of fees etc. but as they will not send me the paperwork I cannot check this,

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Simple answer first No it will not be removed, but some detail will help us to advise,

have you checked your latest credit reports? What it the default date. when was the last

payment or acknowledgment in wriitting made to the debt?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

If it was taken out before April 2007 and they can't find the agreement then it's probably unenforceable but the long-running court case on that subject decided that defaults may stay on record. You can still ask them to remove it of course, even though they don't have to agree, or it will fall off your CRA file after six years anyway.

great thanks for that. it does look like this will fall off in less than 2 years, so that's good :) was just thinking if I could ask for it to be removed now then my file would look better. I am not after applying for credit or anything, but I just like to know I am on top of everything.

Thanks for your help it is really appreciated

You can ''appeal'' to the Data Controller of the company named on the default entry,but I would

not hold out much hope.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yes it will be on for 6 years, so til 2014 like you. It is a very long time. They put a default on me in error and I was going mental because you simply can't get any credit.

In future, never have a credit card its a way of luring people in, as most people (even myself) can not control their money/expenditure etc.

I went all the way to court to seek compensation for "damage to creditworthiness" against HSBC. I lost unfortunately.

• 4 years later...

Hi all,

I have recently been in contact with HSBC (don't bank with them now) about information I requested a long time ago and never received, they came back and just said tough.

I think I have opened a can of worms because since I asked this they have sent me a letter saying that I owe them £4574.

I was shocked to say the least.

I had no idea where this had come from.

I have just checked equifax and it states:

Default : May 2014

Default / Delinquent balance: £1204

Current Balance £4574

They updated this on 17/05/17

Again, I have no idea why this is so high...

.they have never been in touch with me regarding this, until couple of weeks ago

and I was just shocked, I read it and filed it as I could not get my head round it.

I have asked them to look into fees I paid for a bank account, I think this has rattled them so they are now chasing me for money.

Any ideas as to what I should do?

Thanks

send them an sar

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

send them an sar

Will do, I am getting the letter together now

- the thing is, they didnt respond last time,

well they said they sent my info to a local branch and when i went to collect it, it wasn;t there!

I can't pursue this now as it was years ago I was originally going to go after bank charges as when I looked it up i had racked up about 6ks worth!

No wonder they didn't respond eh, thing is had health probs and divorce in this time so never got back on top of things,

Thanks for your help.

old threads merged for history

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok just got the letter out from HSBC and it is telling me that the account has been sold on to Capquest. So the SAR goes to them or do I wait for them to be in touch as they haven't yet.

Scratch that yes they have, they wrote out the same day as HSBC did!

is this just an OD or did hsbc merged a card+ loan etc into it under their 'managed loan ' scheme?

so this is now sold to capquest

and they

go read the sar link and all its posts...

and they