• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Terrorist Attack Manchester Arena-Suicide Bomber-Many Dead and Injured.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Terrorist Attack Manchester Arena-Suicide Bomber-Many Dead and Injured.

Time of attack 10-40pm in Foyer.Or near possibly just outside.

Rumours of Security guards giving seconds warning, what they saw I do not know.

Manchester Arena blast: 19 dead and about 50 injuries.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-40007886?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

BBC live news Channel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcnews

Sky Live.

LIVE: 19 dead, 50 injured in Manchester explosion

Police confirm a number of deaths at the Manchester Arena area following reports of an explosion.

http://news.sky.com/story/live-manchester-arena-explosion-10889465

19 dead, 50 injured in terror attack at Manchester Arena - live updates Manchester Evening News.

Two loud explosions
were reportedly heard at an Ariana Grande gig at the Manchester Arena around 10.40pm on Monday

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-arena-explosion-evacuated-ariana-13075807

Horrific Terrorist Attack-Many Nuts and Bolts lying around, rumours of mixed in bomb to create catastrophic injuries.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Facebook switches on Safety Check facility for Manchester

Facebook turned on its ‘safety check’ feature for Manchester following the explosion.

The feature allows users to connect with friends and loved ones during a crisis.

People can check if their friends are in the area and see if they have marked themselves as safe.

https://www.facebook.com/about/safetycheck/

Hi honeybee13

Well feeling so much sadness and sympathy for the families of those murdered and injured.

My daughter who works in a nightclub while at college was going to go to this concert.

A doorman whose daughter could not go was going to sell them tickets.

But the daughter and friend decided to go after all.

Home safe after this horrific terrorist attack.

As are a couple of others she knows.

Brought back a memory of being caught in a Bomb Scare at 17 or so by myself at that Railway Station close by back in the 70s.

A feeling of strangeness, blankness, wondering what if. As you walked outside.Completely lost.

I cannot imagine being caught up in a blast, what you see and hear.

Young people targeted by these losers.

With memories that will last for the rest of their lives.

Those that managed to get out and home to their loved ones that is.

You imagine if you have children what you would feel like if they were caught up in something like this.

Many stories will come now that will be heartbreaking to read, listen to.

Young people, families, mothers fathers, grandparents, completely heartbroken as they wait for news.Of their family and friends.

Please put any news reports, videos down, say what you feel, anyone. I am at a loss for anything else to say.

Extra Police Deployed in London

Extra police officers will patrol in London in response to the Manchester attack.

Cressida Dick, commissioner of London's Metropolitan Police Service, said armed and unarmed officers will be deployed to reassure the public.

She added officers will work with those who have events planned in the capital in the coming days "to make sure we are doing all we can."

So why the increase of police in London, when the attack was in Manchester ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Arndale centre evacuated-Talk of one man arrested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M0dZj_EPXI

Twitter,many videos.

Everyone's just come running from the direction Arndale centre. I don't know what's happened.

https://twitter.com/dobsonMEN/status/866962470216314881

Hearing it is opening again.I am off now,hard to see what is clear so i will leave it for now.

Guy just been arrested and a parcel was found in arndale food court.

UK threat level has now been increased with Military Personnel being deployed to key sites.

Manchester attack: UK terror threat level raised to critical

The UK terror threat level has been raised to its highest level of "critical", meaning further attacks may be imminent, Theresa May has said.

The move came after investigators were unable to rule out whether Manchester bombing suspect Salman Abedi acted alone, the prime minister said.

Military personnel will now be deployed to protect key sites.

Twenty-two people were killed and 59 injured when a suicide bomber attacked Manchester Arena on Monday evening.

The prime minister said soldiers would be placed in key public locations to support armed police in protecting the public.

Military personnel may also be seen at other events over the coming weeks, such as concerts, Mrs May said, working under the command of police officers.

The prime minister said she did not want the public to feel "unduly alarmed" but said it was a "proportionate and sensible response".

READ MORE HERE: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40023488

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The person responsible for this attack was known to Security Services and had been to Syria recently according to reports. If this is accurate, then there are questions to be asked of Government.

David Blunket a Labour Home Secretary jailed many who were seen as too much of a risk and there were strict control orders on others. During the coalition Government Theresa May watered down the control orders citing a Law Lords ruling. At the time many were warning against the change being made, saying it was not allowing enough room for Security Services to monitor people properly.

I doubt the current Labour leadership would support measures seen as against Human Rights, but given the reports that there are hundreds in the UK who have been to Iraq/Syria supporting known terrorist groups, i wonder whether they should be looking at this again. If there is enough evidence to support firmer action against people who are seen as a risk, surely it should be taken.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

and monstrous as this attack was, it was 1 man with a makeshift bomb with which he killed himself as well as the poor innocents.

YET

the response is 5,000 troops on the streets of Britain in addition to the increased armed police already deployed.

What is the justification for 5000 armed troops on the streets of Britain allegedly in response to a lone bomber apparently either radical or mentally ill?

How would 5000 armed troops on the streets of Britain changed or averted this monstrous act?

How will it prevent another similar event?

All it seems to be doing to me is turning the UK into a police state, with armed troops on the streets, and at very minimal cost or effort to a small handful of terrorists, radicals and/or nut jobs.

They have won.

If the UK spooks have reason to believe an attack is imminent, likely by known radicals, why are they not addressing the issue more directly?

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

I'm not sure it was so makeshift and if they know it wasn't then it means he wasn't acting alone.

They've arrested more and searched properties - every chance they've found information on further plans.

and monstrous as this attack was, it was 1 man with a makeshift bomb with which he killed himself as well as the poor innocents.

YET

the response is 5,000 troops on the streets of Britain in addition to the increased armed police already deployed.

What is the justification for 5000 armed troops on the streets of Britain allegedly in response to a lone bomber apparently either radical or mentally ill?

How would 5000 armed troops on the streets of Britain changed or averted this monstrous act?

How will it prevent another similar event?

All it seems to be doing to me is turning the UK into a police state, with armed troops on the streets, and at very minimal cost or effort to a small handful of terrorists, radicals and/or nut jobs.

They have won.

If the UK spooks have reason to believe an attack is imminent, likely by known radicals, why are they not addressing the issue more directly?

The police have already said that they're dealing with a ''network'' of terrorists that were responsible for the bombing, not a ''lone bomber'' as you seem to think. They're bringing in the army to free up police to find them before they strike again and to pull in anyone who is already on the spook's radar.

Doing nothing isn't a responsible option.

You seem to be mistaking rhetoric for reality.

The searches are where he lived and some of his family/close acquaintances - a quite reasonable set of searches and checks.

The rhetoric

remain “vigilant” against possible further attacks

“not only that an attack remains highly likely but a further attack may be imminent”

Cant rule out further attacks

"She said it could not be ruled out that the attacker, named as Salman Ramadan Abedi, was working as part of a terrorist group"

“revealed it is a possibility we cannot ignore that there is a wider group of individuals linked to this incident”

The reality

"it remains unclear what links if any Abedi had to the terror group."

and it would seem this bomb appears to be nothing that many thousands of people who have gcse maths couldn't make in a kitchen.

Bad as the attack was, the arena was not leveled - take a look at the horrors of a 'professionally' made suicide vest - they flatten buildings is the mildest way I can describe them.

So cjregg, putting the rhetoric in perspective :

Based on the actual meaning of the statements, NOT the leaped to conclusions (as intended by the rhetoric) you have arrived at:

* We cant rule out that you cjregg could be associated with the terrorist group

* Its a possibility we cant ignore that you cjregg are also intending an attack

* We also need to remain vigilant as an attack by you and/or others may be imminent

Now dont get me wrong, I think that increased presence and checking of people and possessions at major events is not only acceptable, for drugs let alone bombs, but this scaremongering rhetoric is mainly BS for the voters.

We have had a nutter with a car and a knife, and another nutter with a home made bomb.

Are really we going to allow those 2 nutters, aided and abetted by the self serving rhetoric of the self serving *******s we have in charge of our nation destroy our way of life and have us with 5000 troops on the UK streets becuse of 2 (or even 10) nutters?

I would hope 10,000 terrorist nutters all with kalashnikov's, grenades and RPG's would fail - and fail miserably.

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

boring....

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

"She said it could not be ruled out that the attacker, named as Salman Ramadan Abedi, was working as part of a terrorist group"

The reality

"it remains unclear what links if any Abedi had to the terror group."

''Manchester attack: police say they are investigating terror network'' https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/24/seven-manchester-attack-victims-named-as-troops-take-to-streets

''Salman Abedi's brother Hashem had travelled to Libya from Britain on 16 April and was planning a "terrorist act" in Tripoli, Reuters reports Libyan counter-terrorism forces as saying.'' http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-manchester-40007967

Yep 4 arrested (his brothers as I alluded) and yes it wold seem that the spooks knew about them - yet it still happened

All this is coming out the US and it would seem Rudd is quite peeved at the US 'leaks' of this apparently widely known in the spook community info

""The British police have been very clear that they want to control the flow of information in order to protect operational integrity, the element of surprise,"

Surprise - WHAT!! of course his brothers wouldn't think they were under suspicion now would they !!

Oh and Manchester top plodman actually said:

"I think it's very clear that this is a network that we are investigating,"

Whats a network ??? 4 guys and a terrorist middle man contact - probably.

So 5 guys, maybe 8 - Quite a step up from the last lone mutter with a 4x4 and a knife

- lets hope the 5000 squaddies in addition to the armed police can cope

- or should we get all the trident subs out on patrol nuked up just in case?

Or better yet - Lets expect Rudd to be a bit proactive and get these people before they kill civilians

- you can be certain they would have been dealt with long ago if these nuts were after her or May.

- they ALWAYS seem to 'know about them'

The Tory Legacy

This is just a stab in the dark but I'd say that maybe a network would be something like ISIS?

You know, that large international terrorist group who actually claimed responsibility for the Manchester bombing?

But ISIS will claim every act.

From what i have heard over the last day or so, it seems that many different terrorist factions from middle east/north Africa work together when it suits them. The theory in regard to Manchester is that a group that took part in ousting Gaddafi have also been in Iraq and Syria, with ISIS as well as other groups. They are now part of a bigger regional terrorist network, with links back to countries where some of them have been resident.

If this is all true it would make it incredibly difficult to keep an eye on all people with links to all countries where a larger terrorist network is operating. It is not just Libya, Iraq and Syria, but i think you have groups linked to ISIS in Afghanistan, Somalia, Nigeria to name just a few that have been mentioned in the media. On top of that you have British, French, German, American etc, citizens who have been radicalised to fight a war against the west. The stupid thing is that many of these people like western culture. They buy products from westerm countries. They support premier legaue football teams.

They are engaging in a war because they have been brainwashed into believing in the cause. It would have been similar with the Nazis in WW2. I am sure that most who joined the Nazi party originally thought they were helping Germany and the wider world. As time went on they took part in actions which i am sure they never thought they would become involved in, but once they were in war mode, it was purely about the cause.

How do you deal with this ?

All out war to erradicate the problem where it exists. This would means hundreds of thousands of troops from a coalition, going into Libya, Iraq and Syria. It would be a bloody battle, with it being impossible to know whether locals were friends or foes. There were be large numbers of casualities, both military and civilian. And you would have increasing terrorist acts back in UK, France, US and elsewhere.

If you accept as i think Obama did, that having a big war just leads to more problems, then you have to deal with this problem over a long period of time. With Trump in the White House, i am not sure what he would do. The US bombing in Iraq and Syria have apparently increased since he took over. Theresa May and others are going to have to try to persuade Trump that he needs to work with a coalition of allies, including any countries in the region who can be trusted. It is then a case of taking action when you need to, but accepting that the situation is not ideal. Try to contain the problem and not let it spread. Accept that terrorist acts will take place in western countries, as you can't have 100% security.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

But ISIS will claim every act.

From what i have heard over the last day or so, it seems that many different terrorist factions from middle east/north Africa work together when it suits them. The theory in regard to Manchester is that a group that took part in ousting Gaddafi have also been in Iraq and Syria, with ISIS as well as other groups.

Exactly, and there is the significant point that many of these 'groups' were supported and supplied by the west as the overthrow of Gaddafi suited the 'wests' proven short sighted goals.

In certain perspectives cjregg's repeating certain parties rhetoric regarding 'networks of terror' is correct, but seems to be to be shortsighted, overly simplified and misleading.

Although:

'loose network of very occasional contact when something suites their goals or they want to buy something'

really doesn't really have that ring that sells does it?

Latest:

"Salman Abedi’s support for terrorism was reported this year to the security services, and friends had called Britain’s anti-terrorist hotline five years ago with concerns about his views, it was claimed. He was reported for violent statements, including a claim that being a suicide bomber was “OK”.

I understand that its a difficult line between citizens rights (which I do believe should be paramount) and addressing nutcases and radicals of all claimed faiths and beliefs, but it still seems to me that the real issue is why Rudd has not addressed this more competently, and whether there is a real issue of negligence regarding the safety of citizens even given the importance of our societies quite correct upholding of citizens rights.

The Tory Legacy

The current Government have questions to answer about funding for Police and Security Services. You can't cut Police numbers while you have a high threat level. Yes the country has a large national debt, but don't cut the budget that is essential.

And it was Theresa May as Home Secretary that changed the previous control orders system.

Not saying any of other parties would be better, but there were warnings made to Government about cutting Police numbers and they still went ahead. It means that reports of extremist behaviour might not be followed up properly.

In certain perspectives cjregg's repeating certain parties rhetoric regarding 'networks of terror' is correct, but seems to be to be shortsighted, overly simplified and misleading.

It least it was consistent.

I'll leave you to your non-conspiratorial ''lone bomber'' conspiracy theory.