Auto Enrol Pension Postponement by employer?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Friends,

I have heard about the legislation on auto-enrolment of employees in pension scheme and the time by which an employer can chose to postpone auto enrolment etc etc. My understanding is that Auto-enrolment is meant for bare minimum contribution that both employer and employee must make to secure a future and that the postponement period is to give both employees and employer time to absorb the financial impact.

My job contract says that my employer will make Pension contribution of 9% and an additional 1% will be taken from my salary. As simple as that.

Now in this case, where/what is Auto-enrolment? Is the Auto-enrolment legislation applicable to such Pension Contributions which are part of benefit package of mentioned in job contract.

Thanks.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hello there.

Have you managed to get another full-time job? The last we heard you were contracting.

I'm not clear what your problem is with the scheme and auto-enrolment, which employers are obliged to do. A 9% contribution sounds fairly generous.

Please tell us more about why you're asking.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I read your question to a pensions person and they said as auto-enrolment is relatively new and quite complicated, your best bet is to contact TPAS, the people in one of stu007's links.

You can ring them onn 0300 123 1047 or go to http://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk for other ways to contact them and pose your question. The advice is free.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I read your question to a pensions person and they said as auto-enrolment is relatively new and quite complicated, your best bet is to contact TPAS, the people in one of stu007's links.

You can ring them onn 0300 123 1047 or go to http://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk for other ways to contact them and pose your question. The advice is free.

HB

Thanks HoneyBee. Yes I am in job and by contracting I meant full time contract, just like the job I was doing earlier but I get paid twice as much and tax is half. Perm jobs always have things like appraisal and bonus which bring nothing but disappointment.