Aldi and Lidl - comparison

citizenB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't have a Lidl within a reasonable distance, but there is an Aldi. Are these two stores similar in price and quality ?

I would appreciate some comments from customers of these stores - Thank you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I love them both but then I spent years living in Germany. My local Aldi tops the Lidl for fresh veg but I prefer the Lidl deli stuff. In general it was usual to shop more often when I was in Germany and I think both stores are still learning to cater for the British 'big shop'.

Many thanks for your responses sset and hightail :) I will take myself off tomorrow for a recce :)

Thanks HB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Many thanks for your responses sset and hightail :) I will take myself off tomorrow for a recce :)

Thanks HB

I personally find Lidl fruit and veg fresher than Aldi. With Aldi i don't think their UK supply chain is as big. With Aldi i was finding you had to use fresh produce straightaway.

Aldi seem to have a bigger range of Frozen foods than Lidl and it is slightly better.

I thiink you will find that you will spend more in Aldi than in Lidl. This might be because Aldi do seem to stock a bigger range of packaged and tinned goods, so you are tempted to buy to stock up on basics,

Given a choice i would go to Lidl, but only because i like certain of their products better. Good for breakfast cereals, cheese, yoghurts, fresh meat and veg.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you Uncle B - unfortunately the nearest lidl store to me is approximately an hour's drive each way from where I live :(

BCOBS

I used to shop at Morrisons so I tried Lidl as a replacement one weekend. I found that I needed to go to Morrisons anyway to get a few certain items I couldn't get in Lidl. The following week I went to Aldi and didn't need to top up at Morrisons.

I have been using Aldi for a few year now. I have retrned to Lidl, but find them more expensive - so much so that they are on a par with Morrisons prices. I don't find this at Aldi, I spend £15 less in Aldi than Lidl or Morrisons for the same goods.

:thumb:

BCOBS

Love lidl, shop there all the time. I find the Lidl bakery products amazing. The cheesy twists and cheese toped rolls are lovely and baked on site too. and the best thing of all you save oodles of money.

My nearest big town is Lowestoft and their is both an Aldi and a Lidl there BUT to get there, I have to drive through the town centre which has a bascule bridge which I hate and I think the bridge hates me too. More often than not, the bridge is up which causes major tail backs hence the reason I don't use these stores very often.

I normally use Morrisons but recently they have started to put their prices up. Not by 1p or 2p, by 10-15p per item and this adds up. I do have an Asda on this side of the bridge too but the store is huge and I struggle to get round without having to take regular breaks. Suffolk County Council have purchased some land on this side of the bridge and it is rumoured that there will be an Aldi on this site which if true, I will shop at. They do a lovely sliced farmhouse loaf.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

As I had to go into town today, I went into Aldi's . Staff very pleasant and they dont keep you hanging around at the tills and open others very swiftly if there are queues. Most of the products were quite a lot cheaper than those in Tesco and I was very impressed with their fruit and vegetable section. I only purchased 6 items and checking against Tesco prices, I saved over a £1.00.

I understand there is to be a Lidl built in town soon - so look forward to that.

BCOBS