Gave wrong bank details for payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a problem. I gave the wrong bank details to a company to pay me for work and they have paid the wrong account. There was a single typo in the details with the account number. I realised the mistake almost immediately and contacted the company but they had already paid into the wrong account by faster payment.

How do I get my money?

Have them contact their bank and get it refunded.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I provided them with the account name, account number, and sort code, and assumed they had a three point check in their accounting. They don't.

I have asked them to do so. I am more interested in what happens if they don't.

To complicate things further, this was payment for a won court case.

Should I mark the case as settled?

Do they still owe me money?

if you havent received the money then its not settled. Sure. You provided wrong details, but you corrected them and the bank can refund that money.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I think you have to speak to your bank immediately. The bank should be able to help.

I think the company has paid the money correctly I'm afraid, so I don't think they owe you any money. They are entitled to assume that the bank details you give them being correct. However the company should co-operate if you need their help dealing with the bank.

I provided them with the account name, account number, and sort code, and assumed they had a three point check in their accounting. They don't.

I don't think there is any way for the company to check whether the account details are correct. The bank won't give them any information about the account. All they can do is enter the payment details you give them into their online banking. Most banks make payments on the basis of sort code and account number only (i.e. you can enter an account name but it doesn't seem to make any difference).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS