Benefits Problem

markymoos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently switched from ESA to UC.

ESA paid my rent but then it became UC paying the rent. My council told Universal Credit that they had overpaid my housing benefit by mistake for 6 days. Once notified, I repaid this immediately to the council.

Universal Credit deducted this from my Universal Credit payment 5 weeks later without telling me. I have shown UC proof of repayment. And now neither UC nor the council accepts responsibility for the deduction and I cannot get it paid to me (£78.13).

I believe UC is responsible as they deducted it but the council shouldn't have told them if they were just going to ask for it back. And then when I paid it back, they should have told UC. What can I do?

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I've moved you to the benefits section of the forum and left you a link to follow from the Welcome forum. They guys should be around later with advice for you. :)

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

thanks theronstar. ive done all that. ive complained to the council, ive asked UC for mandatory reconsideration and have provided proof to UC of repayment. My UC payment is simply £78.13 short and they're not accepting its wrong. i have not been overpaid as i paid the amount back so i am still short despite everything. these people are so frustrating.

If you have received a Mandatory Reconsideration letter from UC, then your next step would be to appeal to the Social Security Tribunal - attaching a copy of that letter to your appeal.

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/HMCTS/GetLeaflet.do?court_leaflets_id=2724

Read the forms on this link and if you have any further questions then just let us know.