Sainsbury's energy.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't think it can be justified, other than if you pay by debit or credit card, they would incur a transaction fee.

They offer a discount for DD because it is a continuing authority which they can adjust payments on, after giving notice.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I don't think it can be justified, other than if you pay by debit or credit card, they would incur a transaction fee.

They offer a discount for DD because it is a continuing authority which they can adjust payments on, after giving notice.

So a direct debit could be set up for any amount ?.

So a direct debit could be set up for any amount ?.

It needs to relate to your usage over a year. So if they work out your usage costs £600 a year, they might want to collect say £60 a month. They usually want a small credit to be built up, so collecting an extra £10 a month above approx usage, just in case the weather is colder and you use a bit more. It saves adjusting the DD several times.

If any DD proved to be set too high, you can ask them to reduce. Or if a credit balance was a bit too much, you can ask for it to be refunded.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

A customer can cancel a standing order or adjust it at any time. Likely to cost more to administer than a DD scheme, because with DD customers are less likely not to pay, as if they go overdrawn their Banks will charge fees.

But i understand why people don't like DD.

If you don't use much energy, there are smaller energy companies like Robinhood Energy, who might be worth looking at.