Fukushima: Japanese Government Guilty Of Destroying Pacific Ocean

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Over the last few weeks, months I keep reading articles here and there about this.

Glances really not looked at things in depth.

Fish dying,mutated things like that. Radioactivity has spread to the coast of America things like that.

Some say this is or should be massive news.Maybe it is but I have missed it.

Anyone want to say anything, have articles a view, looked at this problem much more than I have.

An article.

Fukushima: Japanese Government Guilty Of Destroying Pacific Ocean.

When you read things but do not know that much about something like this, it plays on your mind.You worry, wonder what the hell is happening.

And if such a massive problem is out there how are they going to solve it.

A few sentences out of the article.

The Japanese Government has been ordered to pay tens of millions in compensation after it was found guilty of negligence causing the Fukushima nuclear disaster.

The nuclear plant operator, Tokyo Electric Power Co. Holdings, was also found guilty of negligence that led to the disaster that nuclear experts say will likely continue affecting wildlife and humans for the next 250,000 years.

“Tepco was capable of foreseeing several months after (the estimate) that a large tsunami posed a risk to the facility and could possibly flood its premises and damage safety equipment, such as the backup power generators.”

The nuclear disaster has contaminated the world’s largest ocean in only five years and it’s still leaking 300 tons of radioactive waste every day.

Link.

http://countercurrentnews.com/2017/05/fukushima-japanese-government-guilty-of-destroying-pacific-ocean/

From the same article.

According to Japan Times: The district court ordered the two to pay damages totaling ¥38.55 million to 62 of 137 plaintiffs from 45 households located near the plant, which suffered a triple meltdown caused by the tsunami, awarding ¥70,000 to ¥3.5 million in compensation to each plaintiff. The plaintiffs had demanded the state and Tepco pay compensation of ¥11 million each — a total of about ¥1.5 billion — over the loss of local infrastructure and psychological stress they were subjected to after being forced to relocate to unfamiliar surroundings.

Why only to 62 of the 137 plaintiffs ?

However, Fukushima is having a bigger impact than just the West coast of North America. Scientists are now saying that the Pacific Ocean is already radioactive and is currently at least 5-10 times more radioactive than when the US government dropped numerous nuclear bombs in the Pacific during and after World War II. If we don’t start talking about Fukushima soon, we could all be in for a very unpleasant surprise

Indeed this is frightening and sadly they will continue to bury their heads in the sand. 250,000 years is an awful long time and most of us are not going to be around to witness the ongoing damage this will cause!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Could you imagine, if they ever had to evacuate a large part of Japan. It is not far from Toyko.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/06/north-korea-fires-unidentified-projectile-into-sea-of-japan

I am surprised they haven't attempted to blame North Korea in respect of the nuclear missiles that have been fired from there and which have landed in the sea near Japan !

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Great posts coming in, people are worried.

CitizenB

Indeed this is frightening and sadly they will continue to bury their heads in the sand. 250,000 years is an awful long time and most of us are not going to be around to witness the ongoing damage this will cause!

I think I also may not be around unless part of me my brain perhaps is fixed to one of these robots that are arriving soon.

unclebulgaria67

Could you imagine, if they ever had to evacuate a large part of Japan. It is not far from Toyko.

I could not,it would have implications around the world.Would they tell the population such news.Of course they would.

I think i go a little too deep at times.Do not trust people like i used to.

North Korea, have you seen satellite pictures of the North and South at night showing power use.

I think only one person has their lights on.Never mind the internet.Such control,

Kim Jong-un should be ashamed.One day the time will come, everything changes in time.

Back to Radioactivity that I do not know that much about.

Sometimes when I read the odd article I wonder if I am reading something that is not true.

You feel like not putting the article on because it seems it is hard to believe.You feel if you did people would soon shoot you down, you have put a dud on old Owl.

Over the years,many years closer to home I have read, not deeply as I say just glimpses but the articles register some place on a level in your brain.

About Basement level 2 a place like that.

Clusters of Leukaemia around certain coasts, things like that.

It is not that I walk the coastline most days that makes me concerned or have known the odd person with Leukaemia through the years that have worked close to certain places.

I like to see danger, do not like the idea of a hidden foe that you cannot see, hear or run away from.The best thing to do I feel.

Although there are some I admit that when confronted they would rather accept the challenge.

Although I did have a close encounter once with a dust devil that did not show itself for a while.

Take this article, what the hell is going on or has been going on for years maybe.Or have I been taken in by something that is not quite true.

Killer 'hot particle': Sellafield coast 'like Chernobyl and Fukushima exclusion zones'

The discovery of a tiny but deadly radioactive 'hot particle' in mud from the Esk estuary near Sellafield has highlighted the dangers the nuclear site poses to residents and visitors, writes Chris Busby. Independent measures of radiation show far higher levels that those of regulators, similar to readings in the Chernobyl and Fukushima exclusion zones. Local villages should be evacuated.

http://countercurrentnews.com/2017/05/fukushima-japanese-government-guilty-of-destroying-pacific-ocean/

OOPS Wrong link-Apologies.I will put the right one on in a moment

There we go:oops:

Killer 'hot particle': Sellafield coast 'like Chernobyl and Fukushima exclusion zones'

The discovery of a tiny but deadly radioactive 'hot particle' in mud from the Esk estuary near Sellafield has highlighted the dangers the nuclear site poses to residents and visitors, writes Chris Busby. Independent measures of radiation show far higher levels that those of regulators, similar to readings in the Chernobyl and Fukushima exclusion zones. Local villages should be evacuated.

http://www.theecologist.org/News/news_analysis/2988776/killer_hot_particle_sellafield_coast_like_chernobyl_and_fukushima_exclusion_zones.html

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

In Fukushima, a land where few return

The evacuation orders for most of the village of Iitate have been lifted. But where are the people?

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/05/13/national/social-issues/fukushima-land-return/#.WSAwUuvyu1s

Fukushima: A Nuclear War without a War: The Unspoken Crisis of Worldwide Nuclear Radiation

The Japanese government has been obliged to acknowledge that “the severity rating of its nuclear crisis … matches that of the 1986 Chernobyl disaster”. In a bitter irony, however, this tacit admission by the Japanese authorities has proven to been part of the cover-up of a significantly larger catastrophe, resulting in a process of global nuclear radiation and contamination:

“While Chernobyl was an enormous unprecedented disaster, it only occurred at one reactor and rapidly melted down. Once cooled, it was able to be covered with a concrete sarcophagus that was constructed with 100,000 workers. There are a staggering 4400 tons of nuclear fuel rods at Fukushima, which greatly dwarfs the total size of radiation sources at Chernobyl.”

http://www.globalresearch.ca/fukushima-a-nuclear-war-without-a-war-the-unspoken-crisis-of-worldwide-nuclear-radiation/28870

At Chernobyl and Fukushima, radioactivity has seriously harmed wildlife

https://theconversation.com/at-chernobyl-and-fukushima-radioactivity-has-seriously-harmed-wildlife-57030

Fukushima Cleanup Plans Delayed by Elevated Radiation

https://www.laboratoryequipment.com/news/2017/02/fukushima-cleanup-plans-delayed-elevated-radiation

Just thought I would put this video on trying to find out the latest.

Six Years Later, People Are Moving Back to Fukushima-Are they though.

But hunting radioactive wild boar is now a civic duty.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/infrastructure/a25649/fukushima-clean-up/

ABANDONED RADIATION CITY - FUKUSHIMA JAPAN

• 2 months later...
Fukushima Scientists: Days Of Eating Fish From The Ocean Are OVER Scientist say there is no 'safe level 'radiation'

Radiation from the Fukushima power plant has been continually leaking since the meltdown as such a catastrophic level, scientists are claiming days of eating fish from the Pacific ocean could be over.

Scientists have claimed that TEPCO, the company who is in charge of monitoring the plant, has admitted radiation has been leaking into the Pacific Ocean none stop for the past six years.There are also claims that an estimated 300 to 450 tons of contaminated water being leaked from the Fukushima plant every day.Last month Neon Nettle reported that Tepco confirmed its plans to releases radioactive material from the Fukushima plant into the ocean, stating the decision has already been made”.

Read more at: http://www.neonnettle.com/features/1096-fukushima-scientists-days-of-eating-fish-from-the-ocean-are-over

I find it completely unrealistic to assume that Fukushima incident, terrible as it was, has blighted the Pacific or our atmosphere more than the 100+ confirmed Pacific nuclear BOMB tests (including Plutonium bombs) of the British, Americans and French,

or even from the UK's operation grapple alone.

... let alone that it has blighted the Oceans even approaching as much as our dumping of plastics and chemical poisons.

Thats not to minimise the impact of this disaster.

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

looking further into that 'alternative news' neon link #10, it says it is re tritium being released (maybe 'authorized' as per industry standards?).

i guess (not being technical :)) it depends on the maths re the amount released x the eg (to see whether eating a tritium fish would be more than those levels)

apparently;

'...As an example, drinking water for a year from a well with 1,600 picocuries per liter of tritium (comparable to levels identified in a drinking water well after a significant tritiated water spill at a nuclear facility) would lead to a radiation dose (using EPA assumptions) of 0.3 millirem (mrem). That dose is:

• at least 2,000 to 5,000 times lower than the dose from a medical procedure involving a full-body computed tomography (CT) scan (e.g., 500 to 1,500 mrem from a CT scan)
  • 1,000 times lower than the approximate 300 mrem dose from natural background radiation
  • 50 times lower than the dose from natural radioactivity (potassium) in your body (e.g., 15 mrem from potassium)
  • 12 times lower than the dose from a round-trip cross-country airplane flight (e.g., 4 mrem from Washington, D.C. to Los Angeles and back)...'

https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/fact-sheets/tritium-radiation-fs.html

it seems it is other longer term 'radiation' that can potentially have more harmful effects (what levels of those are still being released?). eg an older link;

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/03/110331-japan-radiation-health-mutations-nuclear-animals-ocean-science-world/

jellyfish explosion? :)

Some good links coming out.

It is good when people put links on their thoughts.Makes you look around searching for articles.

What has happened today with these links from you is it is obvious i do not know much about radiation.

I do not want to scare people half to death saying it is not safe to eat fish from the Pacific as i do not really know.

The link i put on before scared the hell out of me.

Gets you thinking ,myself that is that the Earth is getting destroyed.So i will calm down a little.

Radiation not knowing enough about things i thought thats it if this carries on we are doomed.

Couple of links.

The Lingering Effects of Fukushima on Fish

http://time.com/4241443/fukushima-disaster-food-safety/

Should we really be so afraid of nuclear radiation?

http://theweek.com/articles/711830/should-really-afraid-nuclear-radiation

I like to mention other pollution every now and again as well.

The Trash Vortex

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en/campaigns/oceans/fit-for-the-future/pollution/trash-vortex/

Once again pollution on a small scale affected me this week.

A oil spill 2-20 tonnes spilt locally.Most cleaned now.Picking a piece of wood up once again it was my delight to feel the black spot as i call it.

Sticky oil underneath the wood.Fosill fuels fools have polluted old Tawnowl for the second time in two weeks.

Better let you know what happened here.

Company admits causing beach tar balls and oil spillage

Eni UK Limited has now said fluids were released from its Oil Storage Installation in Liverpool Bay on 10 July.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-40663073

And i believe that they have licences to start in the Ocean around Alaska.Wonderful news.

US approves oil drilling in Alaska waters, prompting fears for marine life

Italian company plans to drill four exploration wells in the Arctic, which some say will endanger polar bears, bowhead whales and other marine mammals

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/13/us-approves-oil-drilling-in-alaska-waters-marine-life-fear

From Fords link,Mutations- GOOD HEAVENS-can you imagine the mutations that may be appearing soon.

Fish with two heads,crabs with 6 foot claws,i am off,enough.

It makes you want to slap the polluters.:fish:

from the neon link you posted, it referred to another link re tritium. in which it says that

'...Toxic water at the plant is currently being treated through a processing system that can remove 62 different types of radioactive material, except tritium...'

http://www.neonnettle.com/news/2407-tepco-confirm-plans-to-release-entire-fukushima-waste-into-ocean

hopefully the more (apparent) serious ones such as cesium (mentioned in the geographic) have since been filtered out since the incident, and are not now being released (if not completely, than not so much as recorded before just after the tsunami)

Thanks Ford i have a lot to learn.

And this piece of news from elsewhere.

Why This Year’s ‘Dead Zone’ in Gulf of Mexico Is Bigger Than Ever

Right now, in the depths of the Gulf of Mexico, lies an area the size of New Jersey that's so oxygen-deprived it's void of almost all marine life.

The so-called "dead zone" isn't a new phenomenon: It appears in the Gulf, and other bodies of water, every summer. But what makes this year's Gulf dead zone unique is its magnitude:

At 8,776 square miles
, it's the largest ever since tracking began in 1985, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration announced this week.

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/why-year-s-dead-zone-gulf-mexico-bigger-ever-n789636

'..The dead zones occur as a result of nitrogen and phosphorus flowing into water from farmers using nutrients on crops as fertilizer, and those nutrients getting washed into streams and rivers by rain...'

its not just nuclear leaks adversely affecting water/seas.

no wonder the jellyfish is thriving...at least they'll be feeding on the mutated fish eggs/plants :)

The Tory Legacy

How much information online and in media articles is 100% correct ? I regularly read the Daily Mail science articles online and you see comments on every article saying the journalist who wrote it does not understand the topic, because most of what they have said is not accurate.

And everytime an article is not corrected by the publisher, it is left permanently online to be quoted by people looking for information.

There is a site online called look-up.org or something like that, where someone claims that most pollution in London is caused by aircraft in the skies or landing/taking off from the UK. When you look into the claims being made, they are highly dubious. It seems to be someone with a vested interest in London vehicle access looking to avoid vehicles being taxed, trying to swerve blame to aviation.

Back to the subject matter. I would think Japan would be doing everything to keep their citizens safe and working with international safety experts.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I would think Japan would be doing everything to keep their citizens safe and working with international safety experts.

hopefully.

as mentioned in that nrc link i posted #12, tritium cant be filtered out (to nuclear waste). so it has to be dealt with somehow. i guess the issue there is re the (increased?) levels of it to be released compared to what 'routinely' is released by nuke plants.

hopefully the other 'isotypes' are being filtered out, and there is no more leaking. or if still leaking (as not fixable) (post #1), it is being filtered? :noidea:

• 3 weeks later...
TEPCO Mulling Another Massive Radioactive Release from Fukushima to the Pacific Ocean

Experts now estimate there is approximately 750,000 metric tons of radioactive water stacked up around the site, and to put it bluntly, TEPCO doesn’t know what to do with it.

The primary isotope causing the quandary is radioactive tritium. Tritium has been a thorn-in-the-side to cleanup efforts because unlike many other radioactive elements, it is extremely difficult and expensive to remove from water.

“By claiming Fukushima can be dismantled in 30 years, TEPCO can convince the Japanese people that other nukes in Japan are safe to restart. If the Japanese knew that 100 years were necessary, they would not approve restarting the remaining nukes. Follow the money!”

https://www.environews.tv/world-news/tepco-mulling-another-massive-radioactive-release-fukushima-pacific-ocean/