Hastings direct smart miles stay well clear

nick.m
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well what can I say

hasting direct smart miles black box insurance,

what a joke their black box,s are,

they constantly record their data wrong and their accuracy is appalling,

my son has been doing his best to keep a good rating and had been doing a pretty good job of it until 2 days ago when

he got an extreme speeding warning saying he was doing 61 in a 30 and they had it pinpointed to a place called sambrook crescent, a small cul-de-sac

I checked his route on the smart miles map

and to my supprise his journey takes him on a dead straight line through the middle of sambrook crescent which is impossible as sambrook crescent is a twisty culdesac and impossible for his 1.0 polo to hit 61mph there

sambrook crescent does back onto the bypass which is a 60mph limit,

the gps on the black box was out and you can see this from his journey map

but hastings direct say there is nothing they can do as the box is never wrong although its plain to see..

i would warn any one thinking of taking a policy up with these people not to bother,

their customer service people are the worst ive ever come across and do absolutely nothing to help you, but they are top notch at fobbing you off

Edited by dx100uk

There are gaps on GPS maps used by satellites. You find this on satnavs, so a blackbox would be no different. It could quite easily believe a car was travelling on one road with x speed limit, when in fact the car was travelling on a different road nearby.

I think your Son should register this as a formal complaint in writing, with a copy of the maps ot the roads. It won't be Hastings that provides the technology being used, but Hastings should log such issues reported and pass it onto the blackbox data company. If this data error happened on a number of cases, of course it would effect the premium. Worse it might lead to Insurers refusing to offer cover at renewal.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread