Is it legal, for council run car parks, to lease some of their bays?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is it legal, for council run car parks, to lease some of their bays?

I have been using a particular car park; 30 years plus. It has six levels. First level has a row of bays painted pink [nice] for 'Handicapped' & 'Parents with children.' All the other bays are painted blue. Rightly or, wrongly, this colour has been considered for the use of all others

It is a pay & display.

It was busy. I drove up to the fifth level. All the bays were blue. It was 80 per cent full.

Saw a bay and reversed in. Bought a ticket - onto windscreen.

When I returned, there was a PCN on the window for not displaying a ticket.

Found the parking office and entered.

Within were 3 parking attendants munching happily.

I was angry.

A Team leader joined me.

Went up to my car.

Pointed out my ticket.

He then alleged that I had placed it there after I had received the PCN.

Got more angry.

He said it had been issued by the Team Manager and he would have taken photos.

He began to raise him on the radio.

Whilst he was doing that, I spotted a 12" by 12" plaque saying one was not allowed to be parked in these bays

- even if 'one' had a ticket.

[Leased out to : Clinical Commissioning Group [CCG] {NHS}

My research reveals they receive from the government

i.e. 'us' two thirds of a 73 billion pound budget. Nice, again.

Bear in mind - not even the Team Leader knew any of this.

Also,

other than the plaques being small, their positioning is suspect:

The first one was blocked by my near side exterior mirror.

The second, on the rear wall, was invisible to me as it was lower than my rear view mirror,

and finally,

the third one was out of sight as it was on the other side of the car parked next to mine.

Of course, I am challenging the PCN. [inadequate signage]

Has what has occurred - legal??

Edited by aldeota

What's NHS funding, or people eating, got to do with you not seeing the signs when you parked? By all means ask here for advice, but if you're planning to appeal, you'll need to drop the silly attitude or you'll be wasting your time.

Wow : winning attitude.

Jamberson has helped loads of people, giving their time freely, and are under absolutely no obligation to answer you!

They don't deserve such a response.

Since the NHS is the largest employer in Great Britain : if you are saying you don't like NHS employees ; most people will know or be related to someone who works for the NHS.

You realise you are likely to alienate potential respondents?

and when they see how you've responded to Jamberson they may just move on to a different thread ......

there are 3 ways of approaching this PCN that should see it cancelled.

I'm sure someone will explain the to you when you calm down.

I'd got (at least) 2 different grounds of appeal, but the need to use the correct one for the (at least) 2 sets of circumstances.

Mind you, I'm not as expert for this as Jamberson ......

You must be some fat guy who works for the NHS. Just answer my question - busy cagger

Yes, it's legal.

If I did work for the NHS, I would prescribe you some glasses so you can see the signs which helpfully explain that you're not allowed to park there. I know it's complicated...

• Haha 1

I posted my query, hoping that I would receive some intelligent advice from users within CAG. I rarely use CAG [now I'm thinking - thank ****] What did I receive? - a bunch of old hens responding from darkened rooms, from God knows where. So, let us/me examine the 'Hens.' There are three; so far. Possibly, after this, more may join them. One of them posts 6.58 'posts' a day [gold] The other 1.76 a day [silver] and bronze 1.56 A DAY! Any reasonable person may consider this: "Should they get a life?"

As to receiving advice from the three oracles = I'm silly. I have a winning attitude and, I need glasses. This is my last post; as it has been completely fruitless.

I posted my query, hoping that I would receive some intelligent advice from users within CAG. I rarely use CAG [now I'm thinking - thank ****] What did I receive? - a bunch of old hens responding from darkened rooms, from God knows where. So, let us/me examine the 'Hens.' There are three; so far. Possibly, after this, more may join them. One of them posts 6.58 'posts' a day [gold] The other 1.76 a day [silver] and bronze 1.56 A DAY! Any reasonable person may consider this: "Should they get a life?"

As to receiving advice from the three oracles = I'm silly. I have a winning attitude and, I need glasses. This is my last post; as it has been completely fruitless.

"Fruitless", as a result only of your attitude.

This is a self-help site, and you've woefully failed to help yourself.

So, I average 1.56 posts per day?. So what??. What does that mean, other than its a statistic, and an average at that.

Most of those 1.56 per day help people.

Some expose idiots for their idiocy. They may not help the idiots (because they seldom have enough insight to realise they have been an idiot and wind their neck in), but even those posts certainly might help others who can learn from them.

Mostly they'd learn "behave like an ungrateful child, demanding answers and being rude to one of the forum experts, and you'll be less likely to get help ......."

The help was available to you, you just behaved in such a way those who could be bothered to respond didn't feel inclined to help. Who knows how many other saw your posts and thought "no point in even bothering with them!".

So, was that your last post. I'm devastated, as you can no doubt tell. Good riddance.

Why does he think we sit in dark rooms? I have windows in my house, believe it or not!

He complains he hasn't had enough advice then complains that we give out too much advice!

He worries about the colour of the paint on car park floors!

The guy has issues, and no mistake.

I'm glad I wasnt one of the people working there who had to receive the hair dryer treatment from him. I am no fan of what used to be called traffic wardens but they are doing a job they are instructed to do for a low wage and with sack fulls of stress. He might well have got the thing cancelled after a polite word to get them to make notes in their notebooks so when he contacted the council over this they could have used a bit of discretion. It does work sometimes.

I think we've lost the OP, he hasn't posted since 14th May.

HB

Which is what happens when they don't actually want advice when they ask for advice, but really only want "validation" of their pre-set view.