Peak Physique Fitness Gym Fees Debt with CRS DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am looking for some help with regards to a letter in received from Credit Resolution Services in regards to an outstanding payment for my gym member ship ' Peak Physique Fitness in Hitchin stating I owe them £235.50

They claim I sign up via online sign up process for the membership which I advised I never had as this was with the gym were in person at the gym but they just don't appear to understand what I am telling them. They also state upon providing my bank details email address name and date of birth tjat I agree to pay £25.00 per month.

I signed up March 2016 but had no paperwork at all as I just game them my debt card details and email address. They advised me that a signature on a contract is not always necessary for a contract to be formed.

I been in contact with the Citizen Advice Burea and they believe this not a regulated finance agreement in place and they asked me to find out if the gym is part of a trade association - I have emailed the gym to enquire about this

I never revived another letter and threatens Court Action (CCJ). They also including the handling fee of £66.50 included in the £235.35 I owe them.

I know I cancelled the gym membership within 12 months but I have never been provided a contract or signed up online and the gym had never contacted me in regards this , instead I get this letter from the debt company.

I see on this site it mentions a template letter but I was unable to locate it but any advice would be appreciated in regards to this as this starting to worry me alot.

I rather deal with the gym direct but its very frustrating they can not provide any gym contract or nay durable form to back up there charges.with the gym were in person at the gym but they just dont appear to understand what I am tellling them.

I signed up March 2016 but had no paperwork at all as I just game them y debt details and email address. They advised me that a signature on a contract is not always necessary for a contract to be formed.

I been in contact with the Citizen Advice Burea and they believe this not a regulated finance agreement in place and they asked me to find out if the gym is part of a trade association - I have emailed the gym to enquire about this

I never revived another letter and threatens Court Action (CCJ). They also including the handling fee of £66.50 included in the £235.35 I owe them.

I know I cancelled the gym membership within 12 months but I have never been provided a contract or signed up online and the gym had never contacted me in regards this , instead I get this letter from the debt company.

I see on this site it mentions a template letter but I was unable to locate it but any advice would be appreciated in regards to this as this starting to worry me alot.

I rather deal with the gym direct but its very frustrating they can not provide any gym contract or nay durable form to back up there charges.

Gym arrars letter.pdf

Edited by rudders007

Hello

Thank you for your quick reply. Can i access my thread when I log in by clicking on my user name?

Yes you can also any other posts you may have made.

Hopefully slick132 will pick this up shortly.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Rudders,

With respect to CAB, they know far less about gym m/ships than we do here - we've been dealing with Harlands/CRS for many years and know how they operate.

It's very rare for there to any credit (finance) agreement involved with a gym m/ship so that'snot a valid line of complaint.

I see you joined in March 2016 but :-

1. When did you cancel.

2. How did you cancel (letter, in person, email, phone call).

From what I've seen, you could either have been in a 12 month agreement or a rolling monthly (No Contract) agreement. If you don't know which it was, can you visit the gym and ask them nicely which it was - no need for any argument or trouble. Just get the info you need.

Ignore Harlands/CRS completely for now. Just find out what I ask and come back.

Too early to decide what you need to tell the gym or Harlands/CRS. We'll get there soon though.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)