Amazon Duty of care

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I have been currently employed by Amazon for the last 7 months and was happy until January when they started moving people around.

I had no choice to move to a different department

it was either that or no job

few months down the line

I'm struggling in this department with targets that are near impossible to do and this in turn caused me a lot of stress and worry because I was week after week warning letters and meetings kept coming

I went to doctors and she wrote me a note with my concerns and manager just said you have to do continue your task but did refer me to occupational health which they said stress isn't a medical condition and doesn't effect my targets

my doctor now has put me on sick since april and occupational sick pay has ran out

now onto statuary and I feel bullied and physically sick and don't want to return there

any help please?

Edited by Andyorch

Is anyone else meeting the targets? i.e. is it that it is an impossible job, or is it just the wrong job for you?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Id say a bit of both few of my friends have been sacked because of it but yeah some can make them but very few maybe I didn't state clear enough my first department (Ship dock) there was no targets then they moved quite a few us from (ship Dock )to (RSP) where it mostly target driven and I was struggling to make them I told manager this and he could see this but didn't seem to care and I started getting migrains which promptly I went to doctors about hence the letter of the doctor but all nager kept saying in the warning meetings was I can't move you till you meet your targets it's making feel sick to even go back

So the fundamental question is, can you do the job? And the answer is no, it makes you ill.

Under circumstances where you have been with them for a short time, and can't meet their requirements, I think they would be looking to let you go. They are under no obligation to move you back to the original department.

Harsh, but legal

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I don't want to quit and worried financially as I won't receive any benefits for 6 weeks and finding it hard getting another job in meantime it's causing so much stress for me and my family

thank you I put it on there because letting people know what they are like to work for and not to get mixed up with a similar thread on here

We are already aware seen plenty documentaries on TV of how they treat their employees.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

are you due any holidy pay that could help?
it doesn't work like that anytime off is on a clock and have to book on the clock in work as for holiday pay I'm not sure how to get that it's complicated system where's I'm on -9hrs I can goto -40 hrs ie 3 days meaning you can be in minus and have days off if you understand what I mean also when I call absence line it's in another country

it doesn't work like that anytime off is on a clock and have to book on the clock in work as for holiday pay I'm not sure how to get that it's complicated system where's I'm on -9hrs I can goto -40 hrs ie 3 days meaning you can be in minus and have days off if you understand what I mean also when I call absence line it's in another country

I *think* your answer is therefore "I don't know." So call and ask. If you have had no paid time off, you'll be due something.

wont be zero hour if you have been paid sick pay.

agree with advice given about your options, look for another job and leave as soon as you can. You are not going to be employed there for long even if you do return.

may I add I do 11 hr nights with 30 minutes for lunch and two 15 minutes and I still not seen a contract even after probation period I think it's zero hour

it will help as holiday pay is more than SSP and may bridge that gap before your benefits kick in therefore, I would call and ask if you have any due to you

it will help as holiday pay is more than SSP and may bridge that gap before your benefits kick in therefore, I would call and ask if you have any due to you
I haven't started any benefits as yet and still not handed in my notice as I'm unsure what's best way to approach this situation as I'm told would be a 12 week wait for any benefits if I just quit which is a long time to survive without money.

Anyway I've been back to doctors and she gave me another sick note for a month and referred to I think it's called CBT as I'm feeling very low and stressed out and not eating or sleeping properly maybe I could use this month to keep trying to find another job is best cause of action ?

thanks for all your help guys I really appreciate it

I've had CBT, went ok. job hunting sounds wise.

• 2 weeks later...