Contract and leaving questions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

not sure if anyone can help at all due to each company having it's own rules but thought I wold give it a go anyhow.

Started work for a place that's say NHS ten years ago. after 7 years got health issues that prevented me doing nursing without a lot of pain. I Stayed as a causal at this hospital but got another job in another hospital at a different position where I was not doing so much physical work.

I Had a contract at the start of this job then after just over a year was TUPE (think that the correct word) over and also promoted. In this job notice period was one month. Never had that I can recall did I have a new contract as was told we go over to the new company on the same terms and conditions. I had though moved into a different role.

Now down the line I want to go to another NHS hospital but am told I have to give 2 months notice. IF I didn't and went after say 5 weeks if I still a casual would it still be counted as continued employment for my leave entitlement? Also could I be disciplined for this by the NHS? Could I be made to pay anything to the hospital that I wasn't given the full notice required for that role?

thanks

what did your origianl contract say about notice periods? I would reckon that was a months notice as well but it may be different.

If you resigned from the nursing job and took the newer job as an application rather than a transfer then its T&C's will prevail so that would be the contract that applies and not the first.

What do you mean by casual? zero hours contract? then no notice required.

Read your terms of service and the TUPE documents carefullya nd you will know for sure..