Note from bailiff for someone that does not live at my home

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Came home and found a folded bit of paper in my porch thought its another flyer but before consigning to bin unfolded it and

it was a note headed

HM Courts and Tribunals Service

xxxx Combined Court

The Bailiff needs to serve you some paperwork please call the Bailiff to arrange service

Name.....xxxxxxxxx...........

If this person no longer lives here please advise the Court immediately

Case Numberxxxxxxxxxx

Big letters URGENT CONTACT REQUIRED

xxxxxxxxxx

Court Bailiff

The person named has never lived at my address and is not on electoral roll and I have never had any paperwork for that name

When I rang Bailiff

started that you need to prove they don't live here

er no I don't

did you do any checks i electoral roll

er no

so why are you leaving details about someone else at my address

didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with doing this despite the guidelines

Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

acting in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor either

deliberately or through lack of care,

e.g. by not putting correspondence in a sealed envelope

and putting it through a letterbox,

thereby running the risk that it could be read by third parties.

not impressed

Guest Mrs Hobbit

I would making a complaint to the Court Manager and also to the ICO. Don't know if it would gt any results but this is the behaviour of those so called field agents employed by DCA's.

Sounds like they want to serve a notice to attend a court hearing, to the person they are looking for.

Phone the court and when you do ask for the full name and full address of the person they are looking for. Also if the address is yours, ask them what records did they use for tracing, as you want to make a complaint to the ICO, if there has been an error in handling data.

Won't be the first time that a wrong address has been found. It might be a similar address in your area. I had similar years ago, when the local court selected a wrong address on a drop down box on their system. So instead of x Hanbury Drive, they selected x Highbury Drive. Of course the bailiff will just go to the address they are given.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Jesus, what are you all on about. Making a mountain ut of a mole hill.

Its very likely that the debtor gave the address as his address.

Just send proof of occupancy to the court or the EA and it will go away.

Just phone the court, check it is a court matter and ot a [problem], and then email council tax letter, tenancy agreement or something similar to them.

Or you could ignore, it could progress to a fine, if ita not already there, and things get a whole lot worse then.

Or alternatively, if the debtor fails to accept service, or cant be contacted, a warrant could be issued for his arrest AT YOUR ADDRESS. So you would then have to prove occupancy to a copper on the doorstep.

Calm down dear !

If this is the first time that any attempt has been made to contact the person at this address and according to the OP they have never lived at the address, then i would think it was unlikely the address has been given as their residential address. The OP would be wise to ensure they get to the bottom of this to see why the address has been contacted and to ensure they nip in the bud, to save any future annoyance.

I don't see why they have to start sending off information to prove this other person does not live there, if they genuinely have no clue who they are.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Why does every innocent person have to prove who they are now,

It seems everyone is Guilty, in the eyes of authority, this is not how it should work

Just because the EA has not done the checks before hand,

I did a quick electoral roll check no trace of name and Court Bailiff admitted no checks are done to verify.

As for Police turning up they are welcome, I probably will know them as a result of my work, they usually turn up at the wrong house because they miss read or dont see the right number not because PNC is inaccurate

what got up my nose was this wasn't a cowboy but a court officer and the possible effect if there was a house share and another person or a landlord came round and read it when in fact it might not even be a valid claim.

Made complaint to Court

Why does every innocent person have to prove who they are now,

It seems everyone is Guilty, in the eyes of authority, this is not how it should work

Just because the EA has not done the checks before hand,

Can quote morality and stuff all day. The court has issues a warrant to that address. The bailiff will keep contacting and coming until court calls him off. Otherwise it would be stupidly easy to escape justice.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

"The court has issues a warrant to that address".

The court issues civil warrants to a Person or Company at the address given by the plaintiff

often the last known address if the person or company is not there

repeat visits are not likely because it wastes the Bailiffs time and is against the collection protocols as in this case

the Court has been advised by the Bailiffs superior that the address for service is incorrect

and the matter has been returned to the plaintiff,

the breach of collection guidelines is ongoing.

Its not morality its law.

Well may be we need a bit of Morality back in our lives,

Some times the law can be an a ss

Warrants not needed to be shown, why have we let it become this way,

I know my rant is not going to change any thing, but if it is not said then it will only get worse

Leakie

Guest Mrs Hobbit

I don't need to know my neighbour is debtor, yet i was told this by a field agent from a certain company. he was demanding, not asking where she worked and other personal details. i told him on his bike he is trespassing on my property and on hers as he has not been invited by either of us. I rang the company he is representing and have followed this up with a letter citing the relevant legislation he has breached. I contacted my neighbour, let her know what is happening, she will be returning back to the UK in two weeks. She said they are looking for someone with a similar name and she has been trying to sort this for nearly six months on her own. she is not on her own now...I am also informing the ICO about the behaviour of this person and the DCA concerned.

I learnt a lot about the person he is trying to contact, recorded it all on my phone.

We do need MORALITY.

When one of my relative moved abroad they used my address to forward on correspondence. Unknown to me a few debts were left behind, most of which were contested amounts after services stopped, because they were no longer required. These debts were chased for years. I gave them the foreign address, so many times, all ignored.

As a third party, i had the following.

Asked to pay my relatives debts by several DCA's, but never in writing. Several times by phone and one cheeky b*gger of a doorstep collector who said wasn't it embarrassing to have a relative with debts, we will blacklist your address. Told them to go away and pester mugs that would believe their rubbish. Never heard again.

One DCA even phoned neighbours asking who lived at my address. Phoned their compliance manager and gave them a b*llocking. Never heard from them again and amounts written off.

This is the reason, i don't think we should tolerate any problems, as if you let it drag on, it just gets worse. As a third party it is difficult getting people looking for money to leave you alone, so you must be very agressive from the very beginning. I made the mistake of being nice to start of with and it did not work. I learnt that you must go for the jugular at the start and make a formal complaint, elevating it if necessary.

• dx100uk changed the title to Note from bailiff for someone that does not live at my home