Newday: Aqua Card, Cabot

adridude
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Some time back, I had an aqua card from NewDay.

At first I was keeping up the payments, but it all got out of hand when they started to call me several times a day and constantly added multiple £12 charges to the account for late payments and unauthorised over limit fees per month.

Eventually I blocked their numbers due to the alarmingly high number of times a day they called me and let them be for a few months.

Over the weekend, I sent the Chariman an email asking to offer monthly token payments whilst I investigate the state of the account but received back an email which read:

Dear Mr x

Thank you for your email addressed to James Corcoran, Chief Executive Officer.

Having reviewed the account that you previously held with NewDay. I must advise that due to the level of arrears your account has now been sold to Cabot Financial.

Please contact them directly on 0800 328991.

Kind Regards

The account is in dispute due to the charges, their staff were told this but they moved the account on anyways. I fully intend to contend the extra fees and interest thereof but I'm not quite sure how to approach this now it's with another company.

Could someone advise me as to how I should:

1) Respond to the email to ensure that the account remains with Newday whilst I look into the charges etc...

2) Ensure that debt collection activity is ceased whilst this is being investigated?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ade

Hi,

Some time back, I had an aqua card from NewDay. At first I was keeping up the payments, but it all got out of hand when they started to call me several times a day and constantly added multiple £12 charges to the account for late payments and unauthorised over limit fees per month.

Eventually I blocked their numbers due to the alarmingly high number of times a day they called me and let them be for a few months.

Over the weekend, I sent the Chariman an email asking to offer monthly token payments whilst I investigate the state of the account but received back an email which read:

The account is in dispute due to the charges, their staff were told this but they moved the account on anyways. I fully intend to contend the extra fees and interest thereof but I'm not quite sure how to approach this now it's with another company.

Could someone advise me as to how I should:

1) Respond to the email to ensure that the account remains with Newday whilst I look into the charges etc... You cant

2) Ensure that debt collection activity is ceased whilst this is being investigated? You cant

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ade

Do nothing until you receive notification that that the debt has been assigned...then send Cabot a section 78 request.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Do nothing until you receive notification that that the debt has been assigned...then send Cabot a section 78 request.

Regards

Andy

Does the email from the exec team not serve as a notification of assignment? Which act "section 78" are you referring to? Sorry it's been years since I dealt with any of this.

Cheers

Ade

Does the email from the exec team not serve as a notification of assignment? No Which act "section 78" are you referring to? Sorry it's been years since I dealt with any of this.

Cheers A section 78 request CCA..requesting a copy of the agreement

Ade

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Andy

Thanks.

Were they supposed to reassign the debt in the first place as I had already told them that the charges and balance were in dispute.

It sort of feels like they've ignored that and passed it on as they can't be bothered.

Its irrelevant really...a creditor can assign a debt anytime...as per its T&Cs.

CCA request

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I finally got the Notice from them so sent off the CCA rq' and the Postal Order... I'll just have to wait and see what (if anything) I get back... From there, Is that where I send off the Subject Rq etc... and get the ball rolling?

Cheers,

A

you didn't need to await the CCA to send an sar to the OC newday

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...