Return postage. Who pays ??

SUNDERLAND1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone tell me who is responsible for the cost of returning a faulty item ?? I bought a watch from an ebay seller that arrived not working. The seller tried to resolve the problem by sending me a new battery but the new battery made no difference the watch is obviously faulty. I have raised a dispute with paypal who have messaged me today saying i am entitled to a refund once the watch is returned using a postal service that is online trackable. Paypal also say i am responsible for the postage costs. I thought the sale of goods act says the seller is responsible ?? Any advice much appreciated thanks. Steve.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwislpCg_93TAhXIKMAKHZZVDjIQFgg1MAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fgds%2FReturning-goods-Faulty-or-not-who-pays-postage-%2F10000000142555623%2Fg.html&usg=AFQjCNGhKHsXH8YqDHmxdAIFKnpL-Di0kA

If they are faulty

Where the goods are returned due to being faulty the consumer is entitled, under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended), to return the goods within a reasonable time after purchase and claim a full refund plus any other losses that have been incurred as a direct result of faulty goods being supplied, such as the costs of postage. Where faulty goods are returned the refurbishment charge, and/or delivery charges cannot be deducted from the consumers' refund

Edited by obiter dictum

for ebay you pay the return postage. If the seller is a business then they should pick up the tab but a private seller has no such duty so find out which applies. ebay cane enforce the law so rely on a mixture of honesty and knowledeg by both the buyer and seller.

Try contacting the seller and asking them to send you a courier pick up label if they are a business, most of the delivery firms do this..