Unknown newcastle CC CCJ - old MIB insurance claim?***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I'd be grateful for anyones advice,

I had an update on my credit report yesterday saying a CCJ has been issued against me.

It says the court date was 21st April

I didn't have any summons and no judgement has been sent to my address even tho they have my correct details.

Im unsure what the CCJ is for as I have no defaults on my credit file and I'm up to date with everything.

The only thing I can think of is I'd had a small road traffic accident 3 years ago and last year I had solicitor letter from my insurance company's solicitor saying they were acting on behalf on me and my insurance company as a settlement had not been agreed yet.

Could the CCJ be related to that case.

I feel so anxious today as I can't speak to the court till tomorrow to find out what its all about.

you'd have to ring northant bulk Monday with the CCJ number

and ask for a copy

doubt its related to any insurance claim etc

unless some got a PI claim against you and then it could be related to that non payment.

any company names mention on TOL or your credit file?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No there's no company names mentioned just that a CCj was issued by Newcastle county court.

I think it could be a PI claim as I had a small bump which they admit was only at 5-10mph

the driver went through wins solicitor's ,

on the report from 3 years ago they had clicked the box that they wanted to claim upto £25k

They CCJ is for just over 5k.

If it is that as the insurance company is dragging their feet paying out

surely I can have the CCJ removed as it is of fault of the insurance company not mine.

What's northant bulk? Is it not Newcastle court I need to contact?

urm.. interesting.

then its not a consumer credit debt then.

I/you could be right then and its to do with accident

I wonder if its MIB as 3yrs is about right for them as you have 3yrs to resolve debt resulting in a claim they paid out on against you, or they typically goto court.

UB would know more about this than me mind..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've retitled and moved your thread to the motor insurance forum.

uncle Bulgaria should see it soon.

dx

and they

Shall I ring the court tomorrow and see if they can tell me what its for?

Before Christmas I had a letter from the insurance company's solicitor saying they were dealing with it now and if I didn't hear back from them it had been dealt with.

I've had no summons for court and haven't received any paperwork to say a CCJ had been issued, its just appeared on my credit file saying the case was heard on 21st April at Newcastle court

Once you have full details of the CCJ, if it is an Insurance claim, then speak to the Insurers you had at the time of the accident.

If they should have paid it, but for some reason it was not paid, then your Insurers should pay it and ask the third party or their accident managers to remove the CCJ from your record by contacting the court. You might have to complain to your Insurers.

A third party will always sue the at fault driver, if the Insurers don't resolve. The court claim would have gone to whatever address they had at the time.

When you phone the court, see if they can email you a copy of the judgement, so you can forward to your Insurers.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for you help,

I'll get straight onto that when the court opens in the morning,

I've haven't moved house since the accident so I can't understand why I haven't had any court paperwork delivered.

Hopefully if they email me the paperwork it should be easy to sort out then,

I've been panicking all weekend cos I've had good credit and the CCJ that I knew nothing about has trashed it

Wait until you get the CCJ info before you jump the gun. It could be an old debt and a DCA has decided to file a CCJ on an old address.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

doubt it not at Newcastle cc.

and they

Wait until you get the CCJ info before you jump the gun. It could be an old debt and a DCA has decided to file a CCJ on an old address.

Will do I'll wait and see what it is when I get to speak to the court but I don't have any unpaid debts so it could only be the case that the insurance company had going on

I've spoke to the court is it about the road traffic accident and they said I need to speak to the solicitor dealing on my behalf, waiting for them to ring me back

Just to let you know I'm sorted now the court and both sets of solictors have agreed the CCJ was entered in error and it should be removed off my credit report by the end of next week

well done!!

and they

nice job. Keep an eye on it to make sure :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D