Likely Loans

fletch70
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thought I would share this

Interesting but potentially scary situation

Each month I get my clearscore and noddle credit reports and they often have 'offers' of available credit.

This month Likely loans came up so i thought hell why not have a laugh and see if they would lend me any money

I completed a few very basic details, name address phone number

I then got an email saying you are approved we will do some more checks - had that type of thing before and they come back and say no thanks

I did not provide my bank details nor did i sign anything

Anyway today when checking my emails I found one saying here is your loan agreement and the money will be paid into your account by the end of the day . I checked and found £4K - yes £4K in my bank account.

The loan agreement was supposedly signed at 22.12 on 3/5/2017 by me typing my name . It is signed in my sunday name which i almost never use, what little credit i have is in my daily name

I am kind of angry

With me for applying although i was just curious

With them for forging my digital signature

With them for paying £4K into my bank account

How did they get my bank details- must be from clearscore

I have arranged to transfer the money back but it means going home to get the card reader so I can set up the payment,

They have promised they will remove all trace from my credit file

It is odd that this month clearscore have removed all defaults from my credit file although at least 2 are still valid

Not really expecting a response, just ranting

Anyone who knows me will know the lengths i go to so that i do not have large sums of money in my bank account - I could quite easily right now be spending spending spending. I would love a new Mac , Ipad, Iphone

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

That is indeed very scary fletch. Is there someone you can complain to - the Financial Ombudsman ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It is interesting

I have no CCJ's but from last months credit file I had a couple of defaults however this month on the clearscore file there are suddenly non. The accounts that are defaulted suddenly show a balance and last reported several years ago.

I know they haven't expired just do not appear

I've had an email back confirming receipt of payment and the account is now closed with no further money due

As I did not sign the loan agreement I think I might email the FCA.