enforcement of CTAX debt i've been paying and fee over charge? done chargeback ..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello,

I'm writing today,

I had a visit from a bailiff to collect money for and council tax debt that i haven't paid

I have been paying it regularly

i had 200 £ left

today he showed up and said there was a charged 420 because i was suppose pay in weekly instalments and i paid in monthly.

I has in a hurry and he scared the crap out of me saying if i don't pay now it will be more

so i did and

i checked my account and i see that he took 530 out of my account without authorisation

i fell like i have been scared

is there any way to reverse it now ?

i fell like i should have only paid the 200.

What should I do now i don't have any money left :(

Hi colorova and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum.Please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

update

I cancelled this payment from my bank

i said its an unauthorised payment

so ill get the money back

what should i do to lower the amount back to 200 as it was in the beginning before the charges ? please help if you know what to do

thank you Andy

Hi colorova and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum.Please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

so you'd already had a notice of enforcement before..

that's why you entered into the agreement?

who with the bailiff direct - verbal or in writing?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you've had an arrangement with the enforcement agent and defaulted on the terms then they can (and usually will) look in to taking further action.

If the payment was due weekly and you've been paying monthly then the payments are roughly 4 weeks in arrears, enough to get most payment arrangements cancelled.

Once they cancel the arrangement then the £235 becomes due if they've moved on to the stage of attending to remove goods

- this is most likely what the latest visit was for.

You need to clarify the total costs which were applied but the £235 would be a legitimate charge for the visit.

There's some confusion in what you say regarding the amounts

- you say you paid the enforcement agent what he asked for but then found he'd taken more.

Presumably it was a card payment or bank transfer so did you not check the amount before you made the payment ?

The enforcement agent wouldn't have the ability to change the amount you paid on a card payment or a bank transfer.

Craig

hello,

I'm writing today,

I had a visit from a bailiff to collect money for and council tax debt that i haven't paid

I have been paying it regularly

i had 200 £ left

today he showed up and said there was a charged 420 because i was suppose pay in weekly instalments and i paid in monthly.

I has in a hurry and he scared the crap out of me saying if i don't pay now it will be more

so i did and

i checked my account and i see that he took 530 out of my account without authorisation

i fell like i have been scared

is there any way to reverse it now ?

i fell like i should have only paid the 200.

What should I do now i don't have any money left :(

Did you manage to get a chargeback from the Bank?

Years ago a bailiff did the same thing to me

-taking money from my account without authorisation and my bank would not repay me.

Part of the problem was that the bailiff company banked with the same bank as me

and as I did owe money to the bailiffs,

the bank wouldn't do a chargeback.

The Police were as much help as a chocolate teapot

I took the bailiff to Court and won.

I was lucky as it was my word against the bailiff

though he didn't help himself by adding an extra amount on to the distress notice he pushed through the door prior to taking money from my account .

Apparently I did it all wrong and should have taken the Council [the debt was for CT] and the bailiff company to Court rather then the bailiff himself.

However I did get that money refunded and the bailiff company paid my outstanding council tax for me .

It wasn't a large amount and I had been asking for exemplary damages which I didn't get but there was a bit of compo involved.

You have to be careful going for chargebacks

since the bailiff can come back again if you still owe money for a previous visit.

When you made the original agreement I take it that it was over the phone rather than an agreement in your property?

hello,

I'm writing today,

I had a visit from a bailiff to collect money for and council tax debt that i haven't paid. I have been paying it regularly. I had £200 left, today he showed up and said there was a charged 420 because i was suppose pay in weekly instalments and i paid in monthly.

I has in a hurry and he scared the crap out of me saying if i don't pay now it will be more so i did. I checked my account and I see that he took £530 out of my account without authorisation

I feel like I should have only paid the £200. (

When you made the payment, did you pass over your card details and 3 digit security number?

Did the enforcement agent give you a receipt?