GB Energy (in receivership) demand for money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As many of you know GB energy went into receivership last year.

I was a customer of theirs but left way before they went into receivership. The last bill I received was a credit of £78.03. I was told the company taking over the account would deal with this. life took over and I completely forgot all about it.

I changed suppliers and heard nothing more until yesterday when I received an email from a company named CD: As a previous customer of GB Energy Supply Limited you are receiving this update to notify you of recent events regarding the Company.

On 30 November 2016 at 00:01 (electricity) and 05:01 (gas), all customers that were being supplied by the Company were transferred to a new supplier, Co-Operative Energy (‘Co-Op Energy’) by Ofgem in accordance with the Supplier of Last Report (‘SOLR’) process. This enabled customers that were being supplied by the Company at that time to continue to receive their usual supply of electricity and/or gas without interruption. On 6 December 2016 Graham Newton and Tony Nygate of BDO LLP were appointed Joint Administrators of the Company.

Since their appointment, the Joint Administrators have been working to realise the assets of the Company for the benefit of the Company’s unsecured creditors who are owed c£21m. Once the Administration, and any subsequent Liquidation process has completed, the Company will be formally dissolved at Companies House and cease to exist as a registered business in the UK.

What happens next?

You have received this update as a previous customer of the Company who changed utility provider prior to 30 November 2016 and according to the Company’s records have a balance owing to the Company.

Although the Company no longer operates as a live business, all outstanding debts remain valid and therefore payable to the Company. It is the Joint Administrators’ responsibility to maximise asset realisations, including the collection of outstanding customer balances, in order to repay creditors who are owed monies by the Company. In order to facilitate this, the Joint Administrators have appointed CDS Global as agents on their behalf.

Please note that the Joint Administrators, together with their agents, act as agents of ‘the Company’ and without personal liability.

What do I need to do?

A copy of your final invoice has been included in this notification, this balance relates to energy usage between your last invoice and the date of supply transfer/date you ceased to be a customer of the Company and is taken from the Company’s books and records.

Payment can be made in the following ways: Cheque: Please make cheques payable to GB Energy Supply Limited (in Administration) with your former customer account number noted on the back. Cheques should then be sent to GB Energy Supply Limited (in Administration) c/o CDS Global, St James Place, 71 Main Street, Leicester, LE9 6RE Bank Transfer: Sort code 20-37-75, Account Number: 23727319, Account Name: GB Energy Supply Limited in Administration – debtor realisation account.

All transfers should have the customer account number added to the notes / reason field. Credit/Debit Card: Please phone 0116 2961438 to make a card payment.

Who should I call if I have any questions?

All enquiries relating to the Administration process or account enquiries should be directed to CDS Global on 0116 296 1438 or by email to [email protected] If you require help or support with your financial situation you can speak to one of the independent organisations below for free: Step Change Debt Charity - Freephone: 0800138 1111* - stepchange.org National Debtline - Freephone: 0808 808 4000* - nationaldebtline.org Citizens Advice Bureau - Find your local branch at: citizensadvice.org.uk

For some reason I cannot wrap any text in italics or bold. I've tried in FF and IE. Is there some fault with the forum?

Any way I received a further email a couple of hours later stating if I paid that day I would receive a 10% discount. I suspect it's a [problem] but I'm not 100% also the fact I'm pretty certain they owe me money. Has anyone heard of these emails floating around?

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

they are saying they think you owe them money and expect you to pay the administrators.

If you were in credit then you need to tell the adminstrators that you are owed money and have your name added to the list of those owed money.

if there is anthing left after the lawyers and accountants have filled their pockets you may get something.

You need to tell them you are a creditor otherwise they will just continue to hound you as most peopel will owe a small bit on their final bill.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I received a phone call from them last week. I informed them I didn't appreciate the phone call but since they were on the phone I informed them I didn't owe them any money and to stop harassing me.

It sounded like a wee daft lassie on the phone who was reading from a script. She said they 'may' add this to my credit file. It sounded very much like a threat. Can they do this?

I did the maths on our situation in the end from the bank statements and it tied into their figures... so rather than a CCJ we decided to settle the bill and move on... all the best.

yes (and no), but if they have got it wrong they may end up having to pay you a fortune in compensation. Should they contact you again let them know this. The no bit refers to whether it is a credit agreemnt or not they hold with you, if, like me, you refuse to give any information other than name and address then they cant say they have the right person's credit file. For eg, my dad and my son and daughter have the same initial as me, my wife, mother and sisters inlaw all have the same initials and with an uncommon surname they would have to tread very carefully indeed if they wanted to play that one.

Have you done your sums yet? Writing to the administrators as a creditor may well stop them from demanding money without any evidence it is owed as clearly someone is incorrectly processing your personal data