DVLA says car not taxed but DD has been paid every month and is still gong

pigeonMan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK last year i set up a monthly DD to pay my car road tax. This has been paid every single month and i have never missed a payment. At the beginning of April i received a letter saying my car was not taxed the letter was dated around the middle of march. I checked my bank and found the DD for April had been paid so i assumed it must have been a mistake. I just received a second letter telling me my car was not taxed so this time i checked online and it shows my car as being not taxed.

There is no reason why my car tax is not taxed. The monthly DD is still being paid and has never failed the M.O.T was renewed in March 2017 1 week before the old M.O.T was due to expire and the insurance has just been renewed a few days ago. I dont know who to contact to sort this out as all the phone numbers seem to be automated and im now worried about being finned for a mistake that is clearly the DVLA's fault. Any advice please? Thanks

I have not tried that number yet but it will give it ago Thanks.

"Update" I recently changed the address on my log book I paid the £25 fee as i couldn't find my old log book book i just checked the it and it says i acquired the car on Feb 20th 2017. I brought the car in June 2016 and that was when i registered the car and setup the monthly DD for tax so i have no idea what has gone wrong on there system.

When applying for a new v5 did you tick yes in the box that asks if you previously had a v5 in your name for that car, and the date you became RK. If the previous v5 was at a different address, I think there's also a box to enter the previous home postcode. Looks like they've taken your application for a v5 as a new owner, has the number of previous keepers increased

Ok thanks for the replies, I called the number today given by fkofilee and after several call attempts and not even getting on the queue system, I finally got through to speak with some one. I Don't know exactly what had gone wrong, but the guy i spoke to on the phone could see that i had paid the the tax for February, March and April even tho the tax was cancelled in February when the new Log book was issued.

As it happens the DD was cancelled today and i was told to reapply for a new tax online which i have now done and to send back the log book to the DVLA to have it changed to show the correct date of when i took ownership of the car.

Thanks for the help this is now resolved