Ross & Roberts Ltd DCA chasing outstanding Healthcare - granny whilst a home

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm involved with something with a heathcare trust

they have set Ross & Roberts on me who have told me they will be sending doorstep collection agents (They call them enforcement agents).

I've emailed them as I dispute the debt and told them that I will only enter into discussions with them in writing and that they do not have permission to come onto my property and they will be trespassing if they do.

added to clarify: there is no court order or anything

They say they won't be.

Am I wrong? :???:

Advice would be great, thank you!

nope not wrong

totally powerless

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

tell us the story

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes details please. Ross 'n Robbers are part of Capita whose TVL goons have been in trouble, they may misrepresent their powers which are zilch if only acting as DCA, as they are also bailiffs.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It's all to do with an outstanding amount due to the Healthcare trust for my granny whilst she was in a home.

The amount is the top-up amound due but it was supposed to be split 4 ways - instead they're coming after me for the full amount.

I got a letter from these people stating that they were going to send their enforcement agent.

I emailed them and told them the matter was in dispute and that I would only deal with matters in writing.

Also that I withdrew their implied right of access - from them and their agents.

They emailed me back and told me that an enforcement agent dealing with council tax couldn't be considered a trespasser.

I emailed again,

pointing out that this had nothing to do with council tax and that they should read the file and respond appropriately.

They did this morning.

Including this

"Your accommodation charge remains payable.

Please note Ross and Roberts Ltd will not respond to any further correspondence of this nature and will not acknowledge or pay any invoices received.

Please note that and enforcement agent cannot be classed as a trespasser when executing their instructions,

but naturally if you choose to involve the police we will liaise with them accordingly."

its a sundary debt

they don't own it

nothing they can do

ignore them totally

stop all comms.

how come they think you are responsible, did you sign anything with the carehome/trust?

dx

and they

Kerryscribe

are you sure that there has been no Court order

-as there are four of you involved perhaps the relevant pre- Court papers were sent to one of them.

Enforcement agents are the new name for bailiffs and debt collectors should not be referred to as enforcement agents.

When you received the letter from Ross and Roberts was it a "Notice of Enforcement which gave you seven days to come to an arrangement with them.

Ross and Roberts are quite correct that if they are acting as bailiffs they cannot be trespassers but they can be if just acting as debt collectors.

,It is important that you are certain what their status is to avoid escalating fees.

They are a dca in this instance.

Its not been to court

As they'd state they are acting as HCEO's if it had

And they'd not play email tennis they'd just do it

Not threaten ' collection'

Ignore totally

Deal if you wish with the healthcare trust only!!

Dx

and they

The reason I am querying the status of R&R is their statement - Please note that and enforcement agent cannot be classed as a trespasser when executing their instructions,

They are being described by the nursing home as enforcement agents.

R&R are sailing very close to the wind with the above statement since they are not accepting that they cannot call again

[and they should not call again if they are debt collectors]

and giving the impression that they are acting as enforcement agents or not admitting that they are DCAs in this instance.

The nursing home knows no diff and like most people think dcas are being spoofed into paying for their services when they are totally powerless in their dca role.

The reply from them is a clever play on words..read it properly!!

'When executing'...they aren't executing anything.

Else they'd not be entering into stupid comms tennis

They'd have already done it.

Ignore

and they

Its worthy to note the OP has stupidly followed Freeman of the land site twaddle site advice by sending the silly invoice charging letter via email

and they

Its worthy to note the OP has stupidly followed Freeman of the land site twaddle site advice by sending the silly invoice charging letter via email

What do you mean? I haven't sent them any invoices for anything?

Kerryscribe

are you sure that there has been no Court order

-as there are four of you involved perhaps the relevant pre- Court papers were sent to one of them.

Enforcement agents are the new name for bailiffs and debt collectors should not be referred to as enforcement agents.

When you received the letter from Ross and Roberts was it a "Notice of Enforcement which gave you seven days to come to an arrangement with them.

Ross and Roberts are quite correct that if they are acting as bailiffs they cannot be trespassers but they can be if just acting as debt collectors.

,It is important that you are certain what their status is to avoid escalating fees.

Hi, yes, I'm sure. There has been no court action

you simply tell them to leave your property else you'll call police 101.

but they never turn up anyway

they think by craftily slipping enforcement in the letter

you'll think they are bailiffs

go complain to the fca if really want to do anything

lots of threads here about them already on sundry debts.

dx

and they

What do you mean? I haven't sent them any invoices for anything?

so this bit was rubbish as well then:

Please note Ross and Roberts Ltd will not respond to any further correspondence of this nature and will not acknowledge or pay any invoices received.

dx

and they

Is the bill from a Council run care home? Reason I ask is that many councils outsource their revenue function to Capita, who just happen to own a bailiff companyy or two, one of them is Ross & Roberts, and Ross 'n Robbers have form for pretending to be attending as EA/Bailiff when they are merely acting as DCA chasing sundry debt. Naughty and unlawful action.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

hehe got the bottom of it in the end

so trying to spoof you

did you sign any kind of contract with the 4 other people?

and they

Hi DX,

No, unfortunately I didn't. It was all verbal. The council knew about the arrangement but again, that was verbal. I know I'm going to have an uphill battle with them about it but I've told them I'll pay my quarter and nothing more. I'll have to see what happens next I suppose :-(

well if you signed no contract

no with the council?

then tough luck on them

they can prove stuff all!!

and they

I would be careful or they may clamp your granny and if you dont pay the release fee sell her at auction.

As for the liability fo the debt,

this will be a joint and several agreement so they can chase any one of you or all of you as they choose.

your name was picked out of the hat so that is why they are after you.

They may have a pop at one of the others when you dont pay up.

Agree that the wording of their correspondence is designed to make it look really serious when it isnt.

Funny how these companies decide what law is applicable to them and then say they are not applicable to you, a mere "civilian"

I had a letter from a large company telling me I couldnt sue them because it wouldnt be fair on all their other customers if I got some money and they didnt.

Not sure where that bit of law came from, probaly the same place as your lot's does.