ESA Support Group - Going On Holiday - Re-assessment

AdamManc88
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi CAG,

Just looking for a quick bit of info.

Was placed in ESA Support Group for 2 years from Feb 15 - Feb 17.

Obviously we are beyond that date so I'm waiting to hear something any day now.

I go away for 10 nights on May 15th (First Holiday in around 10 years)

wondering what to do if they throw something in my letter box asking for a re-assessment while I'm set to be away?

Am I entitled to go away while I'm in the ESA Support Group and should I inform somebody that I have chosen to do so?

Anybody got any idea how long I may be waiting to hear from then as we are now over the 2 recomendded years since I was placed.

Thank you in advance for any input,

Adam

You can continue to receive ESA for up to four weeks while on holiday outside the UK (or in the UK for that matter). It would be best to tell Jobcentre Plus what you plan to do - that will give you cover if you're asked to attend any appointments during the time you plan to be away.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I would eat my hat if you got a letter during the 10 day period that you are away, telling you that you had an assessment within that same 10 day period.

What is more likely is that you could receive a letter now, ahead of your trip, potentially asking you to attend an assessment during that time-frame.

You would initially receive an ESA50 to complete again, you have 4 weeks to return it, and in some cases people are not required to undergo a face to face assessment if enough medical evidence is supplied to satisfy to DWP Decision Maker.

With regards to a holiday, here is a link which might help:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/269165/wp-pg-chapter-5.pdf

Participant has a holiday planned (within GB)

14. The process for participants taking holidays differs depending on their claimant group:

• All ESA claimant groups are not limited to the amount of time they are allowed to spend away from home within Great Britain; also they are not expected to notify yourselves or the Benefit Centre if they go on holiday.

Participant is going abroad temporarily (including holidays abroad)

18. ESA claimants can go abroad for a period of up to 4 weeks and do not have to notify Jobcentre Plus that they are doing so. It may be a good idea to inform the DWP, although some call center staff are not interested as long as the planned holiday does not exceed 4 weeks.

Hope this helps you and enjoy your holiday.

Whoops looks like the link isn't working anymore. It did state number 18. re ESA Claimants going abroad for up to 4 weeks. It may be outdated now, so worth letting them know a couple of days before your holiday. As mentioned before, you will have 4 weeks to complete an ESA50 anyway then probably have to wait a few weeks to receive an answer from them.