Lloyds credit card and loan. dropped off credit file...... what now ?

ricky balboa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have 2 debts which have now dropped off my credit file 3 months ago after 6 years of being defaulted.

The debts were both originally around £12k and are both now about £9k after payments were made to them from payment books in the bank.

These payments were mainly regular a few years ago but have been more irregular recently. (no payments in last 4 months).

The debts were originally a Lloyds credit card and a Lloyds loan.

Both have been with various dca's since the default and are now with Robinson way and Link asset.

I am now wondering what to do?

I am in a position to make regular payments of about £30 each (which is the rough amount i was paying) ,

but even if they accept these amounts it will take a long time to repay these debts.

Im also aware that they could still apply for a ccj even if this is setup and agreed.

I don't foresee a time when i would have anything above £2k as a full and final settlement in the future either from myself or family help.

Years ago i did have court action from Nationwide on a debt which i was able to agree a settlement on because people on this website helped me understand the law on credit agreements.

I feel a little out of touch now but wonder if i should ask for the original credit agreements.

If they haven't got them will this help me in any way?

Any advice would be gratefully received as i feel at a bit of a crossroads in getting my credit file/life back on track but unsure how to pay off/ write off these large debts.

thanks

Edited by fkofilee
Be Gone GOODF... ^__^

Hi Ricky

Welcome back to CAG - I have amended your post on here. Reason being is because a certain site you mentioned gets you into a lot of trouble.

As for advice. CCAs would be a great idea - Check the validity of the debts.

Sadly they wont be Stat barred due to payments.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thanks for the quick reply fkofilee , its reassuring that there people with advice willing to help still :-)

I will research sending cca's again as i did years ago to Nationwide. Shall i send them to the dca's or to Lloyds?

I take it that the certain site i mentioned is therefore not a good way to proceed?

Send them to whomever is chasing you for the debts now.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thanks for the heads up Ford :-) , i guess i should've done a bit more digging around of past threads. I see you gave me some good advice back then :-)

I am going to send cca's to both dca's and go from there. In the meanwhile i have alot of reading to do to refresh my memory of dealing with debts.

why have you been blindly paying then all these years without sending a CCA request off?

not like you are new or haven't been told before or knew too?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I take it that the certain site i mentioned is therefore not a good way to proceed?

Definitely not a good idea - full of misinformation that would be laughed out of court!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

CCA them. If theyre in the thousands and those DCA@s own them, then they are extremely likely to be unenforceable and youre being well and truely cash cowed.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 weeks later...

After following everyone's great advice (much appreciated) ,

i have sent off the cca's to Robinson Way and Link Financial.

I have a letter to show that Link have bought the debt from Lloyds near the end of last year so not sure if this is to my advantage.I await their responses now.

I do have another debt of about £1500 which was an overdraft with Lloyds which was sold to Apex.

Do you send cca's for debts which were originally overdrafts?

" Do you send cca's for debts which were originally overdrafts? "

No...and its still an overdraft even if assigned.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

apex don't buy debts

who is their stated client on their letters?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have now found a letter back in april 2014 which says that this account has been assigned to Cabot credit management group.

It says that the account was currently being looked after by Apex on behalf of LLoyds bank.

It says the account has been recently purchased by Cabot credit management group.

It says Apex which is part of the Cabot group will continue to manage the account.

I have also found the letter Lloyds sent saying that the debt has been sold to Cabot.

i'd let the OD debt run then till someone writes

and they

when you say let the debt run,

i do get occasional letters roughly once a month from apex asking to speak to me.

I was making small payments back in early 2016 before stopping

so i know its a long way off of being SB.

But the debt is no longer on my credit file as its been over 6 years now.

simply means the default reached 6yrs and the account got removed

doesn't mean its not still owed mind.

comeback at the next letter

its much better to have a thread for each debt too

else it gets mighty confusing

and they

1000's but it wont really help in OD cases

could pay you to sar the OC though

and they

They have to provide full details of any and all transactions including any app forms, PPI, late penalty fees (reclaimable usually), interest etc.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

well that's immaterial.

they've sold it on

but

it will give you ammunition for if they do issue a claimform.

defended properly as you'll see on cag in the legal successes forum

rarely results in a loss

and they

• 2 weeks later...

I sent the CCA requests to Robinson Way on 16/5 by 1st class recorded post.

I had a reply a couple of days later which was a multiple choice template letter.

They decided to hand write the choice/reply

"please find your £1 fee for the cca request (postal order was returned) .

We have requested the documents and these will be sent once received".

I then received another letter a day later than the first which says that

"today we have asked for a copy of the agreement / statement to verify that you are liable to pay the amount due.

Your account has been placed on hold temporarily pending receipt and we will contact you in due course.

I also sent a CCA request to Link financial on 16/5 by 1st class recorded delivery.

I had a reply a couple of days later stating that i had made a request under section 77/78 for various copies of documents.

They said that as they had bought the debt back in 2016 from Lloyds they don't always hold this information.

"They have requested a copy from Lloyds and look forward to sending me this in the near future, but be advised that this can take up to 30 days"

Is it best to just sit and wait for the documents or send any other letters reminding them of the timescale?

If the timescale ends without receiving anything and i send an "account in dispute" letter.

What happens if a cca arrives after?

thanks in advance for any grateful advice :-)