Code 30 PCN after controlled hours

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

on Saturday evening i thought i'd give the Mrs a break and take us all to a restaurant in Bromley,

we arrived and parked at 18:50.

Looking at the signs it was a bit confusing

i went to check the hours of operation also attached

everything looked fine and i was happy that i managed to find parking on a busy evening.

The restaurant was really busy and they told us we only have an hour as they have further reservations, we sat down to eat knowing we will be back just after 20:00, but that's besides the point.

I am really surprised to be getting a ticket outside of the operation hours, and the 5 mins max stay just doesn't add up.

I am appealing just need a bit of help please

Regards

fro

can you pop your pix into ONE MULTIPAGE PDF please

and attach them

follow the upload

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

sorry i didn't take a picture of those conditions but its 2 hours no return if memory serves me right,

yes parked by the 5 min sign.

Found this under grace period:

Deregulation Act 2015 “Grace Period”

The Deregulation Act 2015 requires that a “grace period” of 10 minutes be applied to paid for time

and free parking bays from 1st April 2015.

The grace period is only applicable where the requirements of the bay have been satisfied first i.e. a parking session has been purchased,

the vehicle holds the relevant permit,

undertaking an exempted activity, etc.

If these requirements have not been met the vehicle will be subjected to enforcement in line with the established protocol for that restriction.

It’s important to note that the grace period only applies to “designated parking places” and not

yellow lines, keep clears, zig-zags, etc.

A vehicle parking outside of controlled hours is considered to have parked at a time when no restrictions are in force and therefore no requirements to satisfy. T

he 10 minute grace period will apply for the first 10 minutes of the next controlled parking period.

For example, if the CPZ hours apply from 8.30am to 6.30pm and the vehicle was parked before 8.30am, the grace period would apply between 8.30am and 8.40am and no PCN should be issued until 8.41am.

Hi Jamberson,

I assumed i was parked in a pay and display bay as it didn't say free, there is another sign 2 cars behind mine showing hours of operation. Assuming it was during operational hours i would have to pay for 5mins i suppose

here is the CPZ for the street - http://www.bromley.gov.uk/directory_record/1213682/east_street_bromley

https://goo.gl/maps/LtQiAYcux2s

The parking place consists of a single loading bay, 2 P&D bays and a single 5 min bay. Outside restricted hours all three bays are 5 min bays.

An extrordinary arrangement where you can park for two hours during busy times, yet only 5 mins at 2am in the morning.

It may be worth checking the Traffic Regulation Order to see if it corresponds with the signage,

Hi Jamberson,

I assumed i was parked in a pay and display bay as it didn't say free, there is another sign 2 cars behind mine showing hours of operation.

OK, you assumed that at the time. So now, having looked again at the street view and signs, etc, were you parked in a pay and display bay? Whether you were or not depends on the location of the car relative to the markings on the ground, not relative to the signs.

An extrordinary arrangement where you can park for two hours during busy times, yet only 5 mins at 2am in the morning.

It may be worth checking the Traffic Regulation Order to see if it corresponds with the signage,

it is an odd one.

is this the order/notice (first one in the link)?

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/announcements/publicnotices/notice/40333.PUBLIC_NOTICE_LONDON_BOROUGH_OF_BROMLEY/

Looks like it, all recent changes as well - money making scheme if you ask me. how does the legislation about 10 mins grace period factor into a 5 min car park?

https://goo.gl/maps/LtQiAYcux2s

The parking place consists of a single loading bay, 2 P&D bays and a single 5 min bay. Outside restricted hours all three bays are 5 min bays.

Anyone know where i can find the TRO? the newshopper link only says Smins not even 5mins :-D

typo. it's 5 mins :) see the gazette one for eg.

if you want the actual order give the borough a ring and ask for it, or its reference if online.