• Tweets

• Documents finally arrived today from PRA group.  New day have sent me lots of paperwork, copies of default letters and statements, print out of what looks like a CCA that would have been completed on online, IP address as signature.  This debt is not too old, so possible this is the true copy of agreement ?  Not sure what my defence would be beyond irresponsible lending. 
    • pers i wouldn't.. all you need to know is in the posts of that thread....that being section 127(3) of the CCA refers. if under a CCA return, the 'creditor' claims its a recon, it must not contain any details like a sig, tickbox, or typed name (whether you signed physically or by online tickbox) 1. those are not necessary in a recon, so why inc them? (faked??) 2, it cant thus be a recon!!, it must be a copy of the 'original' from the original creditor, not from a debt buyers filing cabinet. they shouldn't not be 'mixing' some original docs from the OC with crap from their filing cabinet, claiming its ALL a recon! because some of it is faked. just remember there are far more docs like NOA and a DN that are as equally important to a court claim of 'this debt is enforceable'. never rely solely upon the dodgy agreement argument.
    • i have clarified your thread title and your post to make it easier to understand. if you have their engineers report, thats good enough. it will be their decision to repair, refund or replace. but they must under CRA do one of the above. to date how have you been in contacting the manu?  
    • Thank you both, I will make those changes. I have also downloaded the compensation list to add to the evidence and complete the protection bit off their website.  I am going to court next Thursday to deliver the bundle; I will confirm this on Tuesday. I have been to court a few times to represent the military when a soldier is in court, but I will be going. Thank you for all the additional advice. Once I have the whole bundle, I will email it to the admin email. Ill be honest, this is not about the money for me, I do not mind losing that, so I will not be signing a confidentiality agreement.   You guys are amazing
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Bankruptcy only option?

susie66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Have a long story so will try to shorten it to relevant information.

I have debts of about £35k from a business I gave up in 2013.

I was a sole trader so they are all personal debts.

They are all unsecured loans.

On and off I have visits from bailiffs and debt collectors.

Some are reasonable,

some are rude and abusive and claim to have powers they don't.

I have not let any of them into my home, nor do I answer phone calls or letters.

I have severe mental health problems and this is not helping.

. I have had advice from cab which turned out to be wrong

and spoke to Another on the phone who admitted they didn't know the answers.

I am at my wits end and not good with forms at all.

I receive high rate personal independence payment and esa.

My questions are.

Will there be a time limit on being chased for these debts?

I have no spare money so am I best going bankrupt?

Will my benefits be used towards the debt if Igo bankrupt?

Thank you for any help you can give

To understand this position better.

Do you own your own home or other property assets ?

Do you own any vehicles with any interest more than any finance remaining to be paid ?

If credititors have CCJ's they have an initial 6 years to enforce the judgement, but can apply to a court to extend the time, but this may not be granted.

Do you have the fee required for the bankruptcy application, which i think is about £700 ?

If you are made bankrupt someone would be appointed on behalf of creditors to go through your finances to see what you could afford to pay. So yes you might have to pay something out of benefit income.

It might be worth phoning Stepchange debt charity and they might be able to arrange for someone to speak to you to explain all about this. I don't think they deal with bankruptcy, but they may have contact with people that deal with it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Here is more info from Stepchange

https://www.stepchange.org/Howwecanhelpyou/Bankruptcy.aspx

If you have no property or vehicles and just cannot pay, then i wonder whether bankruptcy is best option. Perhaps Stepchange have options such as writing to creditors suggesting they write off the debts, after paying a small amount per month over a few years.

In your situation, i think you would benefit from speaking to someome and Stepchange might be worth trying. The charity Mind might also have people around the country that helps people in these situations.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

go get your credit file

what debts actually still show and still exist?

any CCJ's showing too?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Noddle clear score Equifax call credit experian

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I don't know where to get my credit file from. As far as I know they all still exist

Youre guessing. Go do your homework and find out for sure. Youll need CCA requests etc as well.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Its a legal request to see if they actually hold the paperwork needed to enforce the debt. The DCA wont, so they have to go back to the original creditor and get it. This will buy you some breathing space, and until they supply an agreement thats compliant with regulation, they cannot institute or enforce legal action against you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

CCA request

dx

and they

ALso, please can you posst up as much info about all your debts as possible. If you have dca's chasing you, then its likely something is very wrong with the debts and we can definitley help you with them

ALso, please can you posst up as much info about all your debts as possible. If you have dca's chasing you, then its likely something is very wrong with the debts and we can definitley help you with them

I agree debts often aren't enforceable or something else is fishy with them if they end up with DCA's.

However, from what the OP has described it is also possible that the debts were legit, but the creditor has realised they haven't got a snowball in hell's chance of collecting them due to the OP's financial situation.

It is possible they end up with DCA's through being legit but uncollectable, rather than not legit.

Either way, though, it is worth putting a DCA to strict proof. Even if it started off legitimate, they may have messed up on a formality, so it doesn't mean it has stayed legitimately collectable!.

Exactly. Its always best to do your homework, even if you think the debt is enforceable.

I am not saying they are not my debts, they are. However due to health issues I am not working and haven't since 2013. I have absolutely no chance of ever paying this off and can't face the rest of my life hiding from debt collectors and bailiffs. My mental health will not improve until I am not living on my nerves and hiding in my own home. Xxx

Stop worrying about that. List as much info on your debts as possible, and start those CCA requests. You dont have to hide from anyone. DCA's rarely have any rights and theyre easy to deal with, and bailiffs will NEVER be involved unless the owner of the debt took yout o court, you lost, they gained judgement, you failed to pay and the court granted enforcement orders.

It will probably help you to start putting together a list of debts and the current position of these anyway. If you are looking into options, then whoever helps you will want to have a clear picture.

I am not saying they are not my debts, they are. However due to health issues I am not working and haven't since 2013. I have absolutely no chance of ever paying this off and can't face the rest of my life hiding from debt collectors and bailiffs. My mental health will not improve until I am not living on my nerves and hiding in my own home. Xxx

You are taking control, and don't have to hide.

Once you have taken stock of the situation and got all of the info you need, you can make the right decision for you.

That may be bankruptcy, or one of the other forms of debt relief.

If might be that the debts aren't enforceable, and you can tell the DCA's to 'jog on'.

For bailiffs to be involved would imply a court judgment against you, and if you have no assets and only a limited income, you ensure that at the judgment stage an order is made setting out an affordable payment only.

Whatever option you end up going down, you do so to know what you are facing and give you control, rather than not knowing what you are facing and feeling you constantly have to hide from a knock at the door.