NPM... £100 ticket parket outside empty premises

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

Hope you can help my mum. She always parks in a car park opposite her work that has 3 units in it (an open pet store, an empty unit and a vets).

Signs had gone up in early March about clamping or fines etc.

My mum has received a fine today through the post for £100 from national parking management as she was parked in the car park at 7.10pm on 17th April and she has to pay it.

They have sent a picture of my mums car parked there. My mum was parked outside the empty unit. You can see the 'to let' signs in the window of the until she is parked infront of.

It doesn't say she was parked for an hour or anything just that she was parked at 7.10pm.

I think a lot of people from the town will be getting a fine today as my mum uses it to park whilst working in the bingo oppisite and loads of the bingo customers use it and now a cinema has opened up the road a lot of their customers use it so they don't have to pay.

So... Does my mum have to pay this £100? Can she say well I was parked outside the empty unit or that she was just going into the pet shop to buy pet food or whatever.

I know my mum is an idiot and she wont be using that car park again.

The parking company is National Parking Management (NPM)

Thank You

OK, firstly, it's not a fine, it's just an invoice (and a speculative one at that).

Firstly, can you fill out the relevant sections (copy & paste) from this post http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket that will help us with some relevant information.

Is there any chance that you (or your mum) can get pictures of any and all of the signage that is displayed in the car park, whether relevant to car parking or not. That may well be important.

Follow the Upload Guide to get the pictures in to this thread.

The answer as to whether your mum has to pay this £100 is quite probably not, the PPC usually stuff it up in one way or another and these tickets are fairly easy to defend.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Can you check if the signage says clamping. This is very important as clamping has been illegal for a number of years.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

as it says to let that indicates that the landowner hasnt gone bust so any contract between the parking co and them could be valid if they own all of the properties together and have signed off a deal that is enforceable upon the motorist. Often they arent so dont be in a hurry to pay anything yet.

So we presume that a phot was taken of the car and this is sent to her as part of a NTK rather than them slapping a ticket on the screen and then following it up with a letter.

We need to know the date of the parking event, the date she got the NTK and ideally sight of the NTK and also a picture of the signage.

Once we have that we can try and tear it all to shreds, quite easy with some of these cowboy outfits

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.