PPS PCN - issued after 1 min as was getting change GLADSTONES - Should I pay for this silly 'unpaid parking charge £160'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI, I had been given a ticket on my car for parking at 4 CHURCH ROAD, ASHFORD - TW16 2UT

When I got to the car park I had gone to buy a ticket,

because I didn't have the right change

I quickly went into a convenient store to get some,

roughly in about a minute

when I come back to pay for a pay and display ticket I see someone taking pictures of my car

I approach him

he said that I was being fined for not displaying a valid ticket.

I explained that I was on my way to get one and that it had barely been a minute since I parked.

(keep in mind this car park is almost empty)

He insisted that I go online to make the payment and there was no point in displaying a ticket...

With frustration I left the place without buying a pay and display

from the advice given I ignored the letters from the debt recovery companies,

which spelt my name wrong on the title..

I've now received a letter from Gladstones Solicitors,

dated 19th April which i received today (24th April) it states:

Re: Our client: Parking Control Management (UK) Limited

Amount due: £160.00

Vehicle Registration: XXXXXXX

You have previously been written to questioning the settlement of a parking charge.

Due to the absence of payment or a valid appeal against the charge,

our client has instructed us to recover the total amount due to them as shown above

As all other attempts have failed, out client may now instruct us to take legal action against you in the County Court. To prevent such action, we invite you to make a payment immediately or confirm to us in writing your proposals in respect of this debt.

In order to avoid any further action you should pay the full amount outstanding within 14 days of this letter.

You can make a payment online (Cant insert the link here) or by calling 03330230049

It is important that you understand that if the judgment is registered against you

then this could seriously affect your chances of obtaining credit in the future as this information can be made available to any interested parties via the Register of Judgments, Order and Fines, and will remain there for 6 years.

If you are unsure about anything contained within this letter,

you should seek advice from a solicitor or contact one of the following organisations who may be able to help you:

Yours sincerely

Gladstones Solicitors

(NO SIGNATURE)

can you tell us where is says fine please?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No of course you don't pay. You know it is silly, we know it is silly and if Gladstones is not yet aware they will soon that the demand is silly.

Just for a start you have 10 minutes grace before you become even liable to be ticketed. You read their notices , didn't like their terms and left.

It doesn't say fine anywhere, sorry I need to update the title. It only mentions 'unpaid parking charge £160' and settlement amount

No of course you don't pay. You know it is silly, we know it is silly and if Gladstones is not yet aware they will soon that the demand is silly.

Just for a start you have 10 minutes grace before you become even liable to be ticketed. You read their notices , didn't like their terms and left.

But I never made an appeal to them,

I was advised to just not respond or deal with them.

Do I write to Gladstones to explain this?

Nope. sit tight and the regulars will be around to give specific info. Meanwhile is there any chance you can get pics of the signage there.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

right, t

The parking co should have slapped a ticket on your car and then wrote to you between 29 and 56 days later if you ignored that.

Do you still have the original ticket and NTK from PCM?

If so post them up with your personal details redacted.

From what I can see there is no signage at the entrance to the car park that says anything about any parking contractual conditions

so you don't owe anyone any money as there is no lawful reason for them to ask you for it.

What to do.-

well,

Gladstones are greedy sods and don't have their clients interests at heart,

just their own pocket lining

bearing this in mind I would suggest the following:

Dear sirs,

there is nothing to indicate your client has any interest in anything at the address given and there are no signs that indicate otherwise.

As you are supposedly the cleverest lawyers in the country because you know the law does not apply to your clients either directly or as members of that virtuous organisation, the IPC

then I am sure that you will ignore this fact but take notice,

I deny any monies can be owed by breach of a non existent contract and will strongly resist any such claim.

As you have now been made aware of this you should also understand that I shall seek a full costs recovery if your clients are daft enough to take advice to sue me as you suggest.

I am also minded to counterclaim for a breach of the DPA as per VCS v Philip 2016 another resounding success for an IPC member.

Please inform your client of this response.

Yours faithfully,

If you want to use this do not edit it or you may change its meaning and effect.

everything they have got wrong can be used against them if necessary.

Their letter isnt a letter before action under Civil Procedure rules but Gladstones are rubbish at getting the legal bits right,

makes you wonder how they ever qualified as soliciors but that wont necessarily stop them persuading their client to go after you as they will make a few hundred quid at someones expense (they hope it is yours)

but if they screw their own client they dont care about that as long as they earn their wonga.

If they do write again

then you can respond with some of the points that CPM have fouled up on

but don't tell them everything at the moment,

they have a habit of changing their documents to fit in with your comments and claim that this "evidence" was correct at the time of the event

1 The date of infringement? - 10/11/2016

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] - No

If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

what date is on it

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence?

- No. I didn't, nothing in the post. Just the PCN number on the actual ticket stuck to the windscreen. When I went onto the website I saw the images taken of my car. The only letters I received were from debt collectors (DRP)

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] - Nope. Didn't get one

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

5 Who is the parking company? Private Parking Solutions London Ltd

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? - 4 CHURCH ROAD, ASHFORD - TW16 2UT

right, t

The parking co should have slapped a ticket on your car and then wrote to you between 29 and 56 days later if you ignored that.

Do you still have the original ticket and NTK from PCM?

If so post them up with your personal details redacted.

From what I can see there is no signage at the entrance to the car park that says anything about any parking contractual conditions

so you don't owe anyone any money as there is no lawful reason for them to ask you for it.

What to do.-

well,

Gladstones are greedy sods and don't have their clients interests at heart,

just their own pocket lining

bearing this in mind I would suggest the following:

Dear sirs,

there is nothing to indicate your client has any interest in anything at the address given and there are no signs that indicate otherwise.

As you are supposedly the cleverest lawyers in the country because you know the law does not apply to your clients either directly or as members of that virtuous organisation, the IPC

then I am sure that you will ignore this fact but take notice,

I deny any monies can be owed by breach of a non existent contract and will strongly resist any such claim.

As you have now been made aware of this you should also understand that I shall seek a full costs recovery if your clients are daft enough to take advice to sue me as you suggest.

I am also minded to counterclaim for a breach of the DPA as per VCS v Philip 2016 another resounding success for an IPC member.

Please inform your client of this response.

Yours faithfully,

If you want to use this do not edit it or you may change its meaning and effect.

everything they have got wrong can be used against them if necessary.

Their letter isnt a letter before action under Civil Procedure rules but Gladstones are rubbish at getting the legal bits right,

makes you wonder how they ever qualified as soliciors but that wont necessarily stop them persuading their client to go after you as they will make a few hundred quid at someones expense (they hope it is yours)

but if they screw their own client they dont care about that as long as they earn their wonga.

If they do write again

then you can respond with some of the points that CPM have fouled up on

but don't tell them everything at the moment,

they have a habit of changing their documents to fit in with your comments and claim that this "evidence" was correct at the time of the event

I did not get any NTK in the post, what should I do?

4no ntk means theyre well out of time to rely on pofa. Youre safe. They havent complied with it, so theyre screwed. just make sure you dont name yourself as the driver

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

text is in post 9 already.

and they

• 3 months later...

i have also recently been issued with a ticket, using the same scare tactics as i have read over in this feed.

The photos provided are showing pictures taken at 17:09 only.

i was able to return to my car and put my permit holders badge within 10 minutes.

Can i ask what outcome (if any) you had?

i have read a lot about this firm and everyone is saying DO NOT PAY!

any feedback or advice welcome.

Thanks,

read the thread again and the advice is clear.

Dont say anything about your specific circumstances but tell Gladstones that their client has no claim and they know it etc, as par post 7.

You can add that you are well aware of what the judge at Hounslow CC said about them as a firm of solicitors so you expect a decent pay day should they con their client into taking this matter further.

Do not be polite and send a copy of the response to PPS as well with a note saying that they are going to lose a fortune as they have hired the most incompetent lawyers that exist and you will sue for the breach of the DPA afeter you have seen off any claim for the above