Barclays Additions Fees Reclaiming

Dagenham Dave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

This is a new post by myself and I'm quite new to this. I sent a SAR to Barclays for an account I no longer have. I'd like to know if people have had any success in claiming back the fees on theses type of accounts.....

I opened a Barclays Bank Account in July 1994. It was just a normal bank account with an overdraft facility should I require it. This was only intended to be a secondry account as my main account was held elsewhere.

I recently received my statements and some other information that the bank held about me. I remember whilst I had the account that at some stage, 2001, the title of the account changed to Barclays Additions. It was certainly not something I asked for but noticed a monthly charge on the account. Nothing in the documents I received confirm I applied for this account. Do I therefore send a CCA to Barclays or do I write a letter of complaint about account being changed without my consent?

If I send a CCA or letter of complaint which address do I use?

Any advice to help me move this on would be greatly appretiated

DD

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi DD and welcome to CAG

Have you carefully read through the thread linked by Maroondevo. I note you posted on that thread yesterday but read it, and others about Additions reclaim cases.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hello slick132 and maroondevo52

I will read all the thread again and see what I can pick up. I have been lucky in obtaining all the statements from the period I was put on an Additions account.

I had little problem getting my SAR unlike Alice but my partner is having a problem with Barclaycard

Regards

DD

Hi DD and welcome to CAG

Have you carefully read through the thread linked by Maroondevo. I note you posted on that thread yesterday but read it, and others about Additions reclaim cases.

:-)

Hi Slick

Yes I've now re read Alices thread. I already have my statements which confirm about me holding an Additions account from 2001-2006. There was no evidence that came with the SAR to confirm I actually requested this type of account. I believe it was switched from my ordinary basic account which I opened in 1994.

Am I correct in thinking that any CCA would have been sent to me with my SAR, if that is the case then do I now send a letter of complaint?

Thank you for any advice you can give ☺

DD

the account is no longer operational, the agreement is over..so a CCA request is pointless.

typically you don't get agreements in an SAR return

and esp so from Barclays...

have you done your spreadsheet?

that need to go with the letter of complaint

else they'll treat it as a speculative claim

and fob you off without even reading your letter.

you need to provide evidence too.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you dx, is there a template for the letter?

All the copies of my statements they sent me in return of my SAR cover the years I had an Additions account. In what form of evidence do I need dx? Can you advise of which Spredsheet I need and includes the 8% interest?

Many thanks again.......

already answered in post 5

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

I have an update to my claim with my Packaged Fee account and would really appretiate some help and advice regarding my claim.

Looking through previous statements

I now realise the cost of an overdraft I originally had on my free account increased to almost 400% when I was switched to the Package Account.

I originally sent a letter to Barclays outlining my fee charges plus interest.

I now believe these increased fees helped my account become unmanageable when I became temporarily unemployed.

Needless say I received a CCJ with costs.

I am happy to say that all that has passed now but can I include this within my claim

if so how do I gauge the cost of all that?

Any help and advice will be greatly received

shouldn't have od's were free upto a certain figure?

that's was part of the package free OD to say £500?

which is how they fleeced people into signing up to it, hiding all the useless insurances.

and they

Hello dx100uk

I only paid interest on my authorised overdraft on my free account when my account went overdrawn. It wasn't very much. However, when my account was switched to a package account the charge for the Additions account was considerably higher. It was only a secondary account and had it of been my main account I would have probably realised much earlier about the "Fee" levied against the account instead of the interest. Of course these fees increased on what seems a yearly basis