BPO chasing Pointless Debt for plusnet 88p!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have come had a recovery letter sent from BPO Collections trying to recover 0.88p from a 2 year old Plusnet internet account?

Other than being slightly stunned that a DCA would purchase a debt of 0.88p - I wanted some advise on the best way to proceed as I dont want to give BPO my card details ets and Plusnet are refused to deal with me or take any payment for this ridiculous amount.

Cheers

Hi

You have to be kidding. :!: 88p! Please post this letter up with no identifiable details on it.

I would write to the CEO and expose them to all and sundry

[email protected]

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

This has got to be the thread of the week :-)

You just couldn't make it up. They could send two letters to you and that would negate any amount due. I would send them 88 pennies, neatly sellotaped to a piece of card and sod the postage costs.

'Accidentally forget to add postage' so that they have to pay to get the letter. That would be soo funny.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

It'd be hard to accidentally forget to put the stamp on, and then they might well try and say it was deliberate and try to get anything they have to pay for postage back.

Me, I'm just careless sometimes.... I mean I might not realise that I'd put it in a large letter envelope rather than a small letter envelope, even if 88 pennies came within the weight allowed for a single 1st class (small letter) stamp ......

If your eyesight isn't particularly good, a 1p stamp could be mistaken for a first class stamp.

88 pennies would weigh in at around 320g, so a first class stamp wouldn't cover the cost of posting anyway.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

ignore

they write even more if you do

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ignore

they write even more if you do

Come, come : CAG doesn't encourage debt avoidance..... I'm sure the OP is open to discussion of ways then can settle it IF they are concerned it is owed ......... 😇

Seriously, though - make sure they haven't made an entry on your credit file .....

let them write - their monies at least you would have plenty of back up paper for the loo (make sure you use with print on the outside)! & the postage they would end up paying before a buffoon in office wakes up!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

only 25p in coppers is legal tender.

Itf this is your debt I would be asking them for a payment plan. Tell them that the first payment is by way of postage stamps attached to the outside of this letter's envelope.

This has got to be the thread of the week :-)

You just couldn't make it up. They could send two letters to you and that would negate any amount due. I would send them 88 pennies, neatly sellotaped to a piece of card and sod the postage costs.

'Accidentally forget to add postage' so that they have to pay to get the letter. That would be soo funny.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it possible you could edit the document and repost it please :)

And, did you make payment or ignore ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D