• Tweets

• The funds were taken by eBay, rather than Paypal.  I presume Paypal collects the funds from eBay, and so eBay then sting me for the money.   But either way, before this money was taken from my account, my eBay account balance showed as -£85.  Yes, my bank account has been debited by this amount. eBay say that they are completely removed from the chargeback process, because it is carried out by the buyer's financial institution.  So, conveniently, they cannot help, other than by refunding the chargeback fee of £14. 
    • Perfect, thanks for the detailed response. Once question, do you know how long it takes for the breathing space to get applied? Say for example I have payments due in 4 days and I apply today how does that work? Also, sorry for sounding stupid but what do you mean by default once the breathing space is in place? I mean what does "Default" mean.  After the breathing space is over and I wanted more time, what would happen? I can and will afford the payments after a few months but I just need that breather to sort some stuff out, as I have said I have never missed a payment. Sorry for the many replies but after doing a quick search, correct me if i am wrong. If it then does go into default and it goes to a collection agency am I right in saying they will send many letters and they may consider a claim? and I should only response if an official MoneyClaim is made? Also, If it does go into default does this severely affect my credit score? or will this only be in the case if a CCJ is applied.
    • there isn't one yet use the default mentioned already there. that covers all 3 debts as i assume the PAPLOC is for all 3 debts? dx  
    • a chargeback via a paypal account used in an ebay sale doesn't usually result in funds being sucked from your bank account,  just that you attain a paypal negative balance. as you saying the money was taken by paypal from your bank account without you authorising this? or is it directly the buyers name that is shown? regarding the chargeback but either way you bank account HAS been debited? dx  
    • what solicitor is the PAPLOC from? then just search xxxx snotty letter dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Shoplifting Primary - Passport issues?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am a 17 year old boy and I got caught shoplifting in primark today with something worth £20.

.I was taken to a room at the back and I pleaded for them to let me go.

After consideration they agreed to not get the police involved but took down my name number email and my dad's name and number aswell..

I was told to write an apology letter aswell which they said will be passed down to all primark stores and other stores connected with them.

I wasn't told to pay any fine and my parents were not notified due to my pleading..

I just want to know if this will not affect me in any way in terms of getting my British passport and apply for Jobs in the future

Edited by Mikewills

Hello and welcome,

I have moved this thread to the appropriate forum, hopefully you will get some help shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Your there already

Totally forget about it

It can't hurt visa passport or anything

Its not a fine!!!!

And you'll get scary letters from some fleecers called RLP

You totally ignore then too

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

nope

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As far as primark are concerned, you no longer exist. Theyd have already forgotten you. You may get letters from RLP, but just laugh at them and bin them, or if you need reassurance, then come here.

RLP will say and do ANYTHING to try and get money from you. They are NOT entitled to a single penny and very often lie and harass in the letters.

RLP are NOT part of the legal system. They never have been and never will be. Infact one legal body demanded that RLP stop saying they are associated with them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi and welcome.

I am a little concerned that they took your dads details as well as your own. RLP have been known to contact a parent when a juvenile has ignored them. This has happened once to my knowledge. RLPs excuse was that they did this for the detection and prevention of crime which is exempt from the Data Protection Act in that no permission is needed from the Data Subject-YOU!

This only applies to people under 18 as civil law states that no one under 18 can be sued in court until they turn 18. There are some exceptions where a juvenile has representation.

RLP may have stopped this shady practice in recent times but I feel it is better to be pro-active and deny them the right to contact any other party.

What I would do is send ONE letter only with the heading, " I acknowledge no claim by you nor any company you claim to represent." Then tell them that you deny them the right to contact any other party in relation to this incident. Only do this after you have received the first letter/email. If they ring you, simply state 'In writing only'

While you will feel guilty about this, if you can tell your parents then show the responses to them from CAG, that may help.

The most important thing to remember is that RLP have zero power over you and cannot force you to pay their inflated sums. Put simply, ignore them. They usually pass the charge on to a debt collector but I think they are running out of them to use as most debt collectors want paying and RLP will only pay on results.

While what you did was wrong, you have been punished by being caught and shamed in store. RLPs actions are worse as they are predatory. Any visa issues or passport problems are non existent as this case is not recorded on any official data bases.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

anything they say or do will not affect your ability to apply for a passport- murderers can have passports.

Likewise job applications,

they are not allowed by law to pass on any data they obtain

so that leave them with only one choice, begging letters.

These used to contain some rather fantastic claims but they have disappeared of late as the Association of Chief Police Officers do not use their services or recommend them to anyone as crime fighters because they have stuff all to do with the police or any other branch of the legislature or justice system.

They play on your guilt and a bit of deception to get you to pay them, they have to legal claim so they cant do anything else.