Shoplifting Primary - Passport issues?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am a 17 year old boy and I got caught shoplifting in primark today with something worth £20.

.I was taken to a room at the back and I pleaded for them to let me go.

After consideration they agreed to not get the police involved but took down my name number email and my dad's name and number aswell..

I was told to write an apology letter aswell which they said will be passed down to all primark stores and other stores connected with them.

I wasn't told to pay any fine and my parents were not notified due to my pleading..

I just want to know if this will not affect me in any way in terms of getting my British passport and apply for Jobs in the future

Edited by Mikewills

Hello and welcome,

I have moved this thread to the appropriate forum, hopefully you will get some help shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Your there already

Totally forget about it

It can't hurt visa passport or anything

Its not a fine!!!!

And you'll get scary letters from some fleecers called RLP

You totally ignore then too

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

nope

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As far as primark are concerned, you no longer exist. Theyd have already forgotten you. You may get letters from RLP, but just laugh at them and bin them, or if you need reassurance, then come here.

RLP will say and do ANYTHING to try and get money from you. They are NOT entitled to a single penny and very often lie and harass in the letters.

RLP are NOT part of the legal system. They never have been and never will be. Infact one legal body demanded that RLP stop saying they are associated with them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi and welcome.

I am a little concerned that they took your dads details as well as your own. RLP have been known to contact a parent when a juvenile has ignored them. This has happened once to my knowledge. RLPs excuse was that they did this for the detection and prevention of crime which is exempt from the Data Protection Act in that no permission is needed from the Data Subject-YOU!

This only applies to people under 18 as civil law states that no one under 18 can be sued in court until they turn 18. There are some exceptions where a juvenile has representation.

RLP may have stopped this shady practice in recent times but I feel it is better to be pro-active and deny them the right to contact any other party.

What I would do is send ONE letter only with the heading, " I acknowledge no claim by you nor any company you claim to represent." Then tell them that you deny them the right to contact any other party in relation to this incident. Only do this after you have received the first letter/email. If they ring you, simply state 'In writing only'

While you will feel guilty about this, if you can tell your parents then show the responses to them from CAG, that may help.

The most important thing to remember is that RLP have zero power over you and cannot force you to pay their inflated sums. Put simply, ignore them. They usually pass the charge on to a debt collector but I think they are running out of them to use as most debt collectors want paying and RLP will only pay on results.

While what you did was wrong, you have been punished by being caught and shamed in store. RLPs actions are worse as they are predatory. Any visa issues or passport problems are non existent as this case is not recorded on any official data bases.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

anything they say or do will not affect your ability to apply for a passport- murderers can have passports.

Likewise job applications,

they are not allowed by law to pass on any data they obtain

so that leave them with only one choice, begging letters.

These used to contain some rather fantastic claims but they have disappeared of late as the Association of Chief Police Officers do not use their services or recommend them to anyone as crime fighters because they have stuff all to do with the police or any other branch of the legislature or justice system.

They play on your guilt and a bit of deception to get you to pay them, they have to legal claim so they cant do anything else.