Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Will Silver Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : May 2010

Default Face to face meeting with Bank - mis-sold mortgage.

Hi

Has anybody had face to face meetings with the bank/financial institution they have a mis-sellingicon issue with.

I have a number of issues with HSBCicon but would like to speak to someone in the first place.

To be honest I dont really know if it is a good idea or not,

I just feel I need to get the ball rolling and this seems a sensible way of doing it,
    I would appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

regards

Will

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Default Re: Face to face meeting with Bank

I can imagine that they won't particularly want to meet you and they will simply want to get you to put in procedure as quickly as possible – and that is probably the best idea.

Presumably you are talking about PPIicon? But why do you feel that you need to speak to them in person? There is certainly no point in going for a face-to-face meeting if you don't have a plan and some objectives which you want to achieve.

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2010

Banks don't offer face to face meetings about complaints. Branches are only there to sell the Banks products.

You will be told to follow their complaints procedure and deal with a central complaints department. You might then be able to discuss it with someone by phone, but you should make arrangements to record such phone callsicon yourself.

PPI is part of it,
    if it was just that I would be ok with dealing with that,
    I have with the assistance of this site made successful claims.

It is when I look at everything together I just feel that I was taken advantage of in a number of things I was sold.

For a good number of years I was paying more out on
    Income protection,
    mortgageicon protection,
    Life Insuranceicon,
    Critical illness,
    Endowment Policy than the actual cost of my mortgageicon.

I just feel that if I could present it as a package with everything included it would be more effective in making a claim for mis-sellingicon.

It is either the bank initially or a solicitor.

I spoke to the fosicon today and explained the issues I had,
    who suggested I made an appointment with the bank,

I was just wondering if anybody had been down this route before.

Royalties Account Holder unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67's Avatar

Do you honestly think a local Branch officer is going to speak to you probably for at least an hour and then spend the time sending off details of your complaint to whichever department that will deal with it ? I can't see that happening, unless you have paid for your account and have a personal banking manager assigned to you.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

Personally I would just do a full formal written complaint on each aspect you consider missoldicon separately

Branches nowadays have no authority and will either fob you off
    or give you inaccurate information

unless as UB says you are a premier customer with a personal manager

No,
    exactly that,
    especially if it is found that during the course of the meeting there has been mis-sellingicon,
    hardly likely to act in my best interests.

Well that is my take on it.
    It was something the fosicon advised me to do with the amount of issues I had.
    If there is another way of doing it I would appreciate any advice.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative theoldrouge Highly informative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

Separate the issues once you have all the information

Some you will have much more chance of success than others

Quote Originally Posted by Will Silver View Post
    No, exactly that, especially if it is found that during the course of the meeting there has been mis-sellingicon, hardly likely to act in my best interests. Well that is my take on it. It was something the fosicon advised me to do with the amount of issues I had. If there is another way of doing it I would appreciate any advice.
    It is going to have to be a separate complaint for each product, as that is what normally happens. The products might have been sold by the same mortgageicon advisor, but the complaints will be split by each product. If you tried to make it one complaint what will happen, is that it will get messy. Someone will photocopy your complaint and pass copies on to many different people. You will end up getting responses about some products and not others.

Also when explaining the miss selling, you need to explain why a particular product was not suitable or what the issue was. There may be different issues, with different products.

Will have a look and try and break everything down, its when I look at everything together it doesnt look great. thanks for advice.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details