Been Paying Payplan since 2005 on £20k of debts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

so back in 2005 my wife became ill and had to stop work for a while and we entered a debt management plan, we still owe about £20 000 mostly credit cards but also studio cards etc

over the years we have moved a few times but carried on paying payplan, the last few years we avoided our annual review but carried on paying.

we have been at our present address for over 2 years with no contact from our creditors for years. payplan have emailed a couple of times say some of our creditors want our address but we havnt replied

our credit reports are clear with scores of 536 with clearscore and 633 with noddle so we have good credit

my question is what would happen if we just stopped paying, how long before we get found

thanks all

I think that it is likely to happen fairly soon. You will have left some trail or other.

The best thing to do would be to start having a look at the debts to see whether or not they are all enforceable and also whether or not there have been any unfair charges applied for late payments et cetera and may be PPI premiums as well.

Of course this will mean putting your head above the parapet, but it might be better to do that and take control rather than to stay in hiding.

As far as the DMP that you are on, what are the terms of that DMP? What is the review intended to do?

if all the defaults have dropped off

they cant comeback

so id cancel the plan and await the deforestation through your door.

it really is a bad idea to be in a DMP of any sort for more than 5 yrs and continue to blindly pay

without doing as advised above

check the enforceability of each debt.

no DMP provider ever checks if a debt is legally enforceable

they just blind recommend you pay it

might be an idea to get a statement off them and lets see who you are presently paying

bet they are all being blindly paid to no powers DCA's.

as you are using credit ref providers your current address is known.

but I wouldn't take that as stopping a CCJ to an old address

so best write to each creditor when you know who's fleecing you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok thanks for the replys

"I think that it is likely to happen fairly soon. You will have left some trail or other." but not in the last 6 years

"id cancel the plan and await the deforestation through your door." I do like this idea

"as you are using credit ref providers your current address is known." but then my address would be known whether I used them or not

the thing is at the moment we are being left alone and I don't want to stir up trouble

but you could be being cash cowed on numerous debts..

get a list up please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...