Harlands[CRS]

claytown
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Morning all,

Decided to join Exercise4less 4ish years ago,Went 3 times cancelled my DD Nov 2015

I know I didn't read small print regarding membership,recieved letter demanding £9.99 + £25.00 admin fee,So i called them up was told I would need to fill in an online cancellation form which I did,

Ive heard nothing since until yesterday when letter arrived demanding £171 inc fees of £66.50 ,

Any advice appreiciated,

Many thanks, Paul.

Edited by slick132

Hi Clay,

Read other threads here and you'll soon find a letter that covers your case.

You are really late in dealing with this which is why the admin fees have stacked up. If you came here a year ago, my advice would be different and depend if you were in a 12 month agreement and whether you had any grounds to cancel. See the Guide here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452671-Cancelling-your-Gym-Agreement-Get-it-right-!(1-Viewing)-nbsp

In your case, I suggest you do nothing for now. If they were going to take any serious action about this, Harlands would have done so by now. After some 17 months, they are not well-placed to take any such action.

Oh, and of course, Harlands really don't do court !!

Out of interest, was it a 12 month agreement.

If so, were there any grounds (as per the guide linked above) to cancel or did you cancel because you weren't using the gym as you first envisaged.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi sorry my mistake should of been Nov 2016,

Like I said I did cancel online in Feb 2017 and received a reply saying unfortunately my account was in arrears and had gone to recovery,

I did what was asked ie cancel online but they've just ignored it,

I cancelled due to not having the time and back and joint problems,

Paul.

Edited by slick132
Para spacing added. Easier to read and find info !

Hi Clay,

Can you use paragraph spacing when you post. It makes posts easier to read and info easier to find quickly. :wink:

You were a member for "fourish" years according to your first post - jeepers, they've had their moneys-worth from you !!

In my opinion, you had every right to cancel any time after the first 12 months and cancellation of the DD mandate is adequate notice of your wish to cancel. When you first cancelled your DD, you actually owed 1 final fee after that.

The further "cancellation" in Feb 2017 was irrelevant and was unnecessary.

Use one of my letters (on other threads) to offer to pay 1 final fee after the date you cancelled the DD mandate. Send this toi Harlands by post and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO to keep as proof.

Don't argue with Harlands about the amounts they demand - just offer to pay what you need. When they fail to accept your offer within 14 days, the offer is withdrawn and they can go swivel.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

There's a draft here you can use - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?476155-Help-with-harlands!&p=5012255&viewfull=1#post5012255

Adapt it to reflect the actual amount you paid monthly.

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks back again sorry

Sent the letter template explaining that I would pay the one month fee of £9.99

Received a reply saying I was in breach of contract etc

My options are 1 Legal action

2 Outsource to external agents

In a previous letter they claimed I hadn't cancelled but on their advice did it online....they even replied by saying we are sorry you are leaving

They have given me 10 days to reply

Thanks Paul.

and you ignore them now

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Clay,

Did they specifically reply to your letter or is this a generic collection letter.

Either way, DX is right that you'll ignore their empty threats.

doesn't give YOU 3 options

its them offering those options

none of which say WILL anything

ignore

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

But did they refer specifically to your letter date.

They send general demands with no regard for letters you send to them !

See here for an example - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?477283-CRS-Xercise4less-threats-what-to-do&p=5030705&viewfull=1#post5030705

Unless they replied specifically to the letter you sent Harlands/CRS, you can just ignore their generic demands.

Hi,Yes letter is word for word as in your last post

How long before they cease sending threatening letters ?

Paul.

Edited by claytown
mistake

Hi CT,

What I wanted from you is a Yes or No about whether their letter referred to your letter to them, or if it was a generic letter. From your last reply, I assume they've sent you a generic collection letter but please confirm.

If you want to stop Harlands demands and harassment, you could simply take them to small claims court. Seek nominal damages at the discretion of the court for Harlands continuing harassment. When/if the judge at your local county court finds in your favour, Harlands will pay up any award plus your court costs. More importantly, they will not contact you again.

If you're interested in this course of action with our support, let us know.

OK but keep us posted of further contact/harasment.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys back again ,

Recieved a letter from CRS .

..We regret that despite our attempts to reach an amicable resolution to your account,

you remain in arrears to Xercise 4 less.

We must therefore give notice that failing to reply to this letter within the next 10 days will result in your account balance being passed to Zinc Group Debt Recovery"

Thought I'd heard the last from them!

Paul.

dca's are totally powerless

they are not bailiffs

ignore

and they

Hi CT,

They are so desperate, they'll chase pointlessly for months. Ignore this letter. Ignore Zinc too if they contact you. They're nothing like as pesky as Harlands/CRS.

If you want to get rid of them, court action against Harlands is a cheap and effective option to see them off for good. You have a great chance of success and they'll have to pay all your court costs plus nominal damages.

We're always looking for someone who's willing to take Harlands on and teach them a lesson - we'll offer you all the advice and support you need.