Ideal won't replace /refund me for faulty goods

OriginalHarry
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've been in a long running saga with Idealworld over a faulty Xhose.

I owned it for 2 years and 2months when it fell apart (the inner expanding sleeve parted from the fixing).

There is no one that repairs these hoses

I contacted IW and said I want a replacement and they said it's over a year old - bug off!:-x

I've tried Resolver to see it that would help (as it did when I used it on NatWest) and we had a dialog over 6 months where they offered me exactly 4/6 of the original price of£56 and then they went silent.

A month ago I was told by ConsumerGAA (which is what you get instead of Trading Standards) to write to warn them that I would take them to the small claims court

- the deadline has passed and nothing has happened

now I either have to back off and right off the money or risk taking them to court and the debts that it could incur

Thoughts?

it will cost you £35 to sue for that small amount.

Costs are limited so you will owe them their bus fare and say £50 solicitors fee at worst if you lose.

It is all quite informal.

I suspect that your letters were passed on to some junior person who doesnt understand the consumer law so you got nowhwere.

You could try again by finding the name of the company boss and write to them stating exactly what you want,

what park of consumer contract law covers your claim

and when you want it by

or you will take civil action without further notice.

Getting the wording right and sending it to the right person will make a big difference.

Having worked for this type of person in the past

they won't come by bus they will have a limo with a chauffeur and a QC will arrive in all his /her glory.

Ideal world have all their complaints handled by an offshore company

- Indian sub-continent or Indonesia but the names they sign.

They always open with the statement that after a year you have no rights

so I think this is corporate policy rather than low rated lackey.

I had to fight a similar battle with them on my mothers' behalf

and in the end I did get some compensation

but only after emailing the CEO

- this time it didn't work so I guess that they've got wise to the fact that most of us can't afford to take them to court incase we lose.

so what, they cant claim the money for coming by limo etc. You are just creating problems in your mind that dont exist and seem to have decided that you have lost before you have started. As long as you can refer to the relevant legislation in your claim they are likely to settle before it gets to a hearing. They may well still get things wrong but I bet they at least try. If they do pay you the price of ther goods but dont pay the court costs dont stop the action but say that it has been partially settled