euro parking/gladstones claimform - PCN maghull shopping centre merseyside **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a HUGE win today in court against Gladstones and EuroParking LTD.

I too, did park at the Maghull Shopping Centre for 5 minutes back in Sept.

Their evidence was shoddy and the judge hammered them in court for attempting to claim back from me £400+ with no reason as to why.

In addition, they could not prove the contract was breached in court because of the limited evidence that Gladstones had provided.

They didn't file the correct signage in their evidence

(filed one stating I could park at Maghull Shopping Centre for 2 hours)

and then attempted to bring another to the court!!!

In addition, they never had a full picture of my windscreen

- so the court couldn't fully say if I had a permit or not

as half the windscreen was covered up. (I did have a permit!)

Super happy that this lot haven't got away with it.

I was offered my costs for travel (£4.25 train fair :) ) and left feeling elated that these companies can't bully people into paying £100s+ for an invoice.

Good luck to your case.

p.s THANK YOU to this form for the invaluable amount of information you provided. It was an excellent help.

Should have gone for full costs and hit them where it hurts :wink:

As it is now, you could sue the parking company for their breach of the DPA, they had no legitimate reason to obtain your personal data and most certainly didn't have any right to misuse it. That would twist the knife a little :razz:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

I would of liked too - but glad for it to be over. The judge spoke about a loss of earnings etc and I spoke about taking annual leave which is not covered sadly. Haha... suing for their breach of the DPA - what would that involve and mean for me!? Cheers!

I do hope the guys who have parked at Maghull do well on their cases on this post too :)

own thread created

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Once you'd won your case, you could have asked for (and probably got) any travel expenses, including parking (ironically), 4 or 5 hours @ £19 per hour for your Litigant in Person (research) costs, any money that you spent on postage, photocopying etc.

It's probably not worth the bother now, but you could launch a claim against the parking company for obtaining and then misusing your personal data from the DVLA as they had no cause to request it.

The going rate is between £250 & £750 per breach for your inconvenience & distress.

You'd also be firing off complaints to the ICO (for the breach of DPA),

the DVLA (for the breach of the KADOE contract & the DPA)

and the IAS for the breach of their CoP

(although the latter would probably just be a waste of a stamp).

It all depends on how much you want to rub their noses in it. :wink:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

I like the idea of writing to the IPC (owned by Will and John) and complaining of the breach of their CoP bearing in mind it was Gladstones solicitors (Will and John) who took the lead in this matter and wasted their members/clients money by the bucketful. I dont see that as the waste of a stamp

If you do write to the IPC claim outrage at the behaviour of the solicitors,

make sure they know you think they were shockingly badly prepared abused the civil process by attempting to file on the day etc,

wasted your time when they could have told their client it was all a waste of time and money etc,

pretend you dont know they are one and the same,

it will be a joy to know if they actually respond and what they say

well done by the way,

Euro employ dubious methods and staff that have trouble with their watches

OK Ste2562, learn form the above and make sure you raise all of the points as well as everything else you were going to use. Take along copies of the POFA, challenge the right of audience for theiregal rep (take a copy of the law on representation with you as well) because if they arent a registered solicitor they cant speak. Often Gladdys hire a local firm who sends a paralegal and they arent directly involved in the claim so have no right of audience. Demand to know the personal SRA roll number of their rep.