2nd Hand Car missing spec (Evans Halshaw)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I purchased a 14 plate fiesta from Evans Halshaw in March.

Not being an expert I test drove the car (usual drive around the block), enjoyed it and paid for the car.

A week later I was looking at some of the functionality but could not find the advertised stop start function.

After discussing with the dealer and getting a copy of the advert emailed over it became apparent that this was an advert error.

I have emailed probably 10 times in the past 4 weeks and just keep getting "well be in touch as a matter of urgency" from them but with no real discussuon about the problem or a suitable resolution.

Legally, the item sold was not as advertised, and me never having used stop start and not being the expert I feel a short test drive isn't adequate time to get to grips with the minutiae of the vehicle.

What do I do next? I still want the car but feel it's value has dropped to me as well as losing out on fuel economy due to this function being absent.

Thanks in advance

Lee

Check the website or any 'silent salesman' sheet you were supplied. There is normally a statement to the effect that if any part of the vehicle is vital to your purchase you should satisfy yourself that the specification is correct/suitable.

I have always had a bit of an issue with this though as some listed functions or specifications (such as stability control, or indeed stop/start) are very difficult to physically check for. I suspect that the model you have been supplied will be a previous one and the stop/start system will have been fitted to the new/facelift model.

If your invoice states Stop start or indeed S/S after the model designation that would bolster your case. Regarding the previously mentioned 'get out' statement i am not sure how legally binding that is.

This might be a case of RTFM. Stop start only functions if a certain set of criteria come together such as battery voltage demands, powertrain temps, clutch and brake position and if the air con climate control operates correctly so make sure all these conditions apply before Suit, Grabbit and Run get involved. It will flag or should do as a DTC but won't necessarily send a DTC message to the operator of the car.

You fail to mention which model.....Ecoboost?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Frankly, Start-Stop is so annoying it's a bonus that you find you haven't got it. The effect on fuel consumption is negligible unless you wear sandals and vote Liberal.

Most people with it try and and turn it off.

Think yourself lucky.

Tell us the Model and Engine and we can tell you if you should have it or not but personally I wouldn't bother, enjoy your car.

Or............................... PM me the 17 digit VIN or Reg Number.

(The Mods hate me offering this but never mind)

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Thanks all. I have checked the ford etis site (as per the salesman suggestion) and after further research this particular model (1.25 zetec) doesnt have stop start (ever!)

I'll keep pushing them for assistance but at the moment actually getting a reply is proving impossible!

I wanted really to know if at this stage it's worth involving a third party (if legally I am entitled to be compensated for this)

For what reason do you want it?

Or are you just dissatisfied that they said it had it and it hasn't?

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

For what reason do you want it?

Or are you just dissatisfied that they said it had it and it hasn't?

H

A bit of both dissatisfaction and lossed fuel economy (a lot of city driving so could save a few ££ each year.

Well, I have it and turned on or off it doesn't seem to make a blind bit of difference.

Just turn off the ignition at lights and hope it stats again!

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

If your car never came with the start stop thing then what is the garage meant to do about it?

Not to false advertise?

Despite its lack of apparent usefulness it added value to the car in my eyes, what's wrong in wanting what I paid for?

The problem I have is that they haven't even responded to my many attempts at contact, I want some goodwill back for the fact they essentially lied to me to get a sale.

Legally do I have any recourse? If not I will drop the matter and use social media to vent my frustration at them ( not that they seem concerned with customer satisfaction!

Cheers

L

Not to false advertise?

Despite its lack of apparent usefulness it added value to the car in my eyes, what's wrong in wanting what I paid for?

The problem I have is that they haven't even responded to my many attempts at contact, I want some goodwill back for the fact they essentially lied to me to get a sale.

Legally do I have any recourse? If not I will drop the matter and use social media to vent my frustration at them ( not that they seem concerned with customer satisfaction!

Cheers

L

By 'Goodwill back' do you mean money?

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

By 'Goodwill back' do you mean money?

H

An apology would be a start! If it was my company and we had mad a mistake I would go above and beyond to make it right.

So Yeah, after ignoring me in the hopes I go away I do want money.

Is there much of a price difference between similar age/mileage models with and without stop/start. I guess if the price you paid was more to reflect the advertised features that it had stop/start, then at a minimum I'd expect to be refunded the difference in price.