Commit a traffic offence in Europe....DVLA will be required to provide your keeper details !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The following regulation has been discussed for many months, and was finally laid before Parliament a few days ago (11th April). It comes into effect on 6th May 2017.

The Road Vehicles (Registration and Licensing) (Amendment) Regulations 2017

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2017/554/made

I drive to Germany quite often Via the Hull to Rotterdam Ferry

I see from that that if i commit a traffic offence while i am there that they will be given my details on request

But what happens then, If they fine me, How do they make me pay it, Can they request that points are put on my licence ?

Or will they just wait until the next time i am there and enforce any fine ?

The following is taken from the Explanatory Memorandum:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2017/554/pdfs/uksiem_20170554_en.pdf

The purpose of the instrument is to require the Secretary of State (acting through the Secretary of State’s executive agency, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency, referred to below as the “DVLA”) to provide to another Member State
the identity of the registered keeper of a vehicle registered in the UK
(and certain other information) from the statutory register of vehicles and their keepers maintained by the DVLA, if requested by the Member State to facilitate their being able to investigate the commission in their country of an alleged road safety related traffic offence with that vehicle which took place after the instrument comes into force.

It designates the Secretary of State as the national contact point to process requests for such information and to request corresponding information in relation to such offences committed in the UK using vehicles registered in other Member States.

The road safety related traffic offences to which the instrument applies are:

Drink driving

Driving while under the influence of drugs

Failing to stop at a red traffic light,

Failing to use a seat belt (or child restraint)

Failing to wear a safety helmet

Using a mobile telephone or any other communication device while driving, speeding, and the use of a forbidden lane

I drive to Germany quite often Via the Hull to Rotterdam Ferry

I see from that that if i commit a traffic offence while i am there that they will be given my details on request

But what happens then, If they fine me, How do they make me pay it, Can they request that points are put on my licence ?

Or will they just wait until the next time i am there and enforce any fine ?

I've not had a chance to read the Explanatory Memorandum so can only assume the answer will be here:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...0170554_en.pdf

Hmmm looks like i need to look into that a bit more, I still can't see anything that says what sanctions they can bring on me once they have the information

If you find anything out i am sure you will update the thread with it

Good information though, Thank you

I bet it'll simply be threats by EPC dca

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Question: This Legislation states 'Member State' i.e. EU but will this not have to be amended again when we are fully out as they then would not be a 'Member State'?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hmmm looks like i need to look into that a bit more, I still can't see anything that says what sanctions they can bring on me once they have the information

If you find anything out i am sure you will update the thread with it

Good information though, Thank you

I have just drafted an email for the Department for Transport which I will sending in the morning. If anyone has any other questions that they want me to raise, please let me know.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think it is obvious. The foreign authority will follow what local laws require. So, if jumping red light in Germany is subject to a €2,000 fine, you will receive a €2,000 penalty ticket by post.

No, penalty points on a driving licence can only be applied by DVLA and this Act does not change it, nor does it instruct DVLA to accept penalty point requests from any foreign authority. So, additional penalty points are out of question.

Worth noting that this is nothing new and UK drivers have long been receiving penalty tickets from many EU countries while driver data was shared through mutual agreements. Now, to make things easier, all EU countries will have a single piece of legislation.

The article says the new law applies if you "park incorrectly", but I don't think that is correct. The list of offences quoted earlier doesn't include parking.

It's only 'safety' (read: revenue) -related offences that are covered - speeding, which is the main one (they are losing a lot of revenue and they don't like it), plus not wearing a seat belt, jumping red traffic lights, etc. There are about 7 of them.