Primark shop lifting with police involvement... RLP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

around a month ago, I was caught swapping over a pair of jeans in the changing rooms.

. stupid thing to do I know.

The police were called and they gave me a 'caution',

I signed a piece of paper to say I will pay the RLP 'fine' even though the police man didn't have a clue what it was, signed to say I'm banned from primark and to apologise.

I've looked online and realised it wasn't an formal caution as I would of have to of been taken to the police station for this. (Sorry have no clue about these things) but that wasn't explained to me.

Before I left, I changed out of the jeans and gave them back to the security guard but had been wearing them for a couple of hours whilst all this happened.

I've read quite a lot of things about RLP on this forum and other websites and read that the letters should be ignored,

what I'm wandering in my case is,

the jeans probably wouldn't of been put back on sale as they had been worn?

And the tags off?

I'm not sure if this makes a difference,

the jeans were £10 so do I owe them just £10?

Haven't yet received a letter but im waiting on it to come!

Also i signed a letter by the police starting I would pay it.

Sorry if I sound stupid, I really had no idea!

Thank you guys!

you forget all about it ever happening.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome to CAG

Firstly, are you under 18?

RLP will send letters to the address you gave security but I am surprised they haven't done so as yet as they are usually quick to try and cash in. If you are over 18 then ignore them.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi and welcome to CAG

Firstly, are you under 18?

RLP will send letters to the address you gave security but I am surprised they haven't done so as yet as they are usually quick to try and cash in. If you are over 18 then ignore them.

And if he's under 18 how will this change things about paying

And if he's under 18 how will this change things about paying

It matters very little in the main but RLP have been known to write to a juveniles parents. If the OP is under 18 and their parents don't know, I would advise sending one letter to RLP denying them the right to share personal data.

While there have been no court cases in almost 5 years, this may just start again so RLP haave been known to write to an under 18 stating they will wait until their 18th birthday to begin action.

We ask this so that we know what is best to advise. The overall advice is to ignore them.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Primark didnt demand the price of the jeans so they have washed their hands of the matter.

Read all about RLP and learn from this.

The reason Primark havent been more active is it is not worth their while with staff costs far outweighing the value of any claim and also they belive the claptrap RLP give them when they sign the up to their scheme.

Primark are being robbed far more by this than by your actions.