style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I was at Sainsbury's pharmacy a few weeks back, whilst there I picked up some washing tablets. Whilst waiting for my medication I recieved a phone call to say to immediately get to the hospital as my dad was in a bad way. I didn't think and just ran out (washing tablets under arm).

Did not even think about them, security called me back I explained what had happened, they took me into a room and said I was barred etc. I then paid for my item and left the store. They said no further action I just could not go into any store.

Now a couple of weeks ago I recieved a letter from DWF saying I have to pay £150 for security.

6 days later I recieved another one basically saying I would end up in court.

I'm absolutely terrified and don't know what to do.

I lost my dad and I am also terminally ill myself. I'm doing nothing but cry :(

It even stated on the letter value of goods stolen £0 :/

Please help! :(

Hi and welcome to CAG.

If you can get proof of what you have said above, I would send a formal complaint to Sainburys'. Ignore DWF as they can do nothing to you. I will try and find out if we can tweet this thread to twitter. Big stores hate this type of story. Contact the press as well.

Bear with me

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I have tweeted a link to this thread on twitter. Hopefully Sainsbugs will come back to me.

Now, DWF are solicitors but that doesn't detract from the fact that the security costs claimed by them is totally fictitious. You didn't steal anything. You paid for it. It is perfectly understandable for the situation you were in to want to get to see your dad before he went and forgetting what you had with you. Security staff should have taken everything you said on board and treated you appropriately. Sainburys' will try and and deflect this incident to the security company. NO! Sainsburys' have the contract with the security company and as such they are responsible for the actions of their agents.

We don't see that many cases for DWF but they follow the same principles as RLP so all advice given here is the same. Please read the stickies at the top of this forum to get some ideas on the civil recovery companies and their appalling behaviour.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE